Wishes on Wheels

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by TooTechie, Sep 15, 2013.

1. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

I'm really proud of all the UPS drivers who came out to the Make a Wish foundation's Wishes On Wheels today. Every year truck drivers from around the country converge upon Connecticut to drive a convoy across the state to raise money and awareness for Make a Wish. This year is the best turn out ever with over 600 trucks--85 of those being UPS tractors and package cars.
    IMG_20130915_092806_479.jpg

2. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

3. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Make sure u have enough time off to reset your dot clock for next week.

4. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Dang, that would be cool. I know out building wouldn't send any of us but I would certainly like to be a part of something like that.

5. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Why are our trucks so dirty?

6. Buck Fifty

Buck Fifty New Member

I wish, I wish, I wish they would clean my truck like that. You get 3 right ?

7. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

UPS Drivers came from centers across Massachusetts & Connecticut. Was really cool.

8. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

I was surprised they didn't wash them knowing today was coming...and we're not allowed to use the car wash. They did use the newest trucks for the most part and I saw the training bus there.

9. Brownslave688

Not ALLOWED? If u feel your truck is unsafe u bet u can clean it.

10. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

I mean we haven't been trained on how to use the car wash so we're not supposed to operate it. I don't know how the settings work, etc.

11. Brownslave688

Oh fancy car wash. Our "car wash" is a garden hose.

12. Covemastah

Covemastah Suspension Ovah !!! Tom is free FU Goodell !!

the carwash in Harct is simple....just push the right button,or use the brushes and pressure washer..I never had to be trained....oh well nice event ,
    !!

13. Shifting Contents

Shifting Contents Most Help Needed

Seriously not trolling.

Always wondered how things like this are handled. Are these UPSers om the clock and UPS is donating their pay or are they off the clock donating their time. If the latter, how does one get around tthe contract where it says only on duty UPSers can operate company equipment