With all respect, how are packages lost? I could use some advice

Paul R

I want to start by saying I've read the thread for UPS customers, and it has made me appreciate what all of you do even more. I know there's a lot of hard workers here, and by-and-large UPS service is perfect.

My fiancee sent a package containing vital and time-sensitive immigration documents on March 21. It went out for delivery but was never delivered, so she placed a tracer. Just today she was notified that it was lost.

How can something like this happen? It takes a huge amount of time (and money!) to assemble these documents. She and I have been especially frustrated. Is there anything else we can do? Is there still a chance the package will be found and delivered?

The tracking number for her package is: 1Z24RW390493076161

I truly appreciate any advice. Thank you.

UPSGUY72

The package / envelope never made it out of the building in Sydney it most likely got eaten up by a conveyor belt This happen time to time the next time they take off the guards and clean out the belt they will find it or piece of it...

If it didn't get eaten by the conveyor it could have falling behind something or into a another package.

DS

Fenderbender
Sydney, NS, Canada04/04/20139:51 A.M.Tracer request. / Claim issued.
Sydney, NS, Canada03/27/20135:03 P.M.Tracer request. / Lost package tracer.
Sydney, NS, Canada03/25/20138:50 A.M.Out For Delivery
03/25/20137:00 A.M.Arrival Scan
Dieppe, NB, Canada03/25/20131:27 A.M.Departure Scan
Dieppe, NB, Canada03/24/20138:48 P.M.Destination Scan
Dieppe, NB, Canada03/22/20139:11 P.M.Arrival Scan
Truro, NS, Canada03/22/20136:30 P.M.Departure Scan
Sydney, NS, Canada03/22/20136:00 A.M.Adverse weather conditions.
Dieppe, NB, Canada03/22/20133:12 A.M.Arrival Scan
Mount Hope, ON, Canada03/22/201312:22 A.M.Departure Scan
Mount Hope, ON, Canada03/21/201310:45 P.M.Arrival Scan
Mississauga, ON, Canada03/21/20139:49 P.M.Departure Scan
03/21/20139:27 P.M.Origin Scan
03/21/20136:24 P.M.Pickup Scan
Canada03/21/20136:24 P.M.Order Processed: Ready for UPS

This is very strange.Is it possible to talk to the driver that delivers in your area?
If so talk to him, he may be able to remember seeing this package.
It was out for delivery 11 business days ago,if the address was illegible,he may be
able to recall seeing it or what may have been done with it if an exception occurred.
There is a small chance you may still get it.I'm baffled as to why it went out for delivery,
then vanished completely.I can't think of any other way than talking to your ups driver
​to figure out what happened,I wish you luck.

balland chain

As an employee, first off Sorry for your package not being delivered on time. We UPS'ers may complain about some issues that you may have read, but as a whole we do care for our customers.

I would call the 800 number every day to see if there is an update available. At times packages and letters are either misplace, possibly due to there being another address on the package, or the label may have come off, or another possibility is, especially if it was a letter, it may have gotten under a guard and may be by the belts that run the conveyor. At times packages & letters get jammed and on occasion are damaged, and those packages are sent to over goods , (that is what is was called when I worked in the building.)

Keep calling, there is a chance it will show up. They should have a scan when it was picked up, a scan when loaded, a scan when it was unloaded, and then another scan when it is loaded on the package car.. I hope this helps a little, and good luck with your package....

barnyard

KTM rider
It is probably gone.

How???

Have you ever lost anything and honestly had no idea how???

That's how.

Sometimes crap happens. Nothing personal, just the way it is.

twoweeled

What DS said. I'd talk with the driver, SOON! Like today! Don't let to much time go by. It's hard for some people to believe, but we do remember a lot about deliveries. Where we left them, and was anyone there. But,,,it is a rare thing when it's out for delivery, and it just vanishes! ASK THE DRIVER, SOON! Don't hold him up in the morning before he's delivered all his next day air. It's on a tight time schedule. If he still has Next day air, then catch him when he's done with it. He's more likely to talk and consider what may have happened with that letter. Weird and rare.