With all the national news reporting about this , still teamsters websight ,twitter,etc silet

10 point

What benefit would there be for both the Union and Company to play this out in the media?

There is no doubt that they are working behind the scenes to resolve the issue; unfortunately this will be of little benefit to the 250 who will all eventually permanently lose their jobs.

This has nothing to do with the company trying to save a few $$$. Had the drivers in question done the right thing we wouldn't be having this discussion. They instead chose to walk and the Company is making good on their threat to fire them all. Any waffling by the Company at this point would set a dangerous precedent.

How can Liam continue to go to work each day knowing that his careless actions resulted in 250 people losing their jobs?
Armchair quarterback.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Armchair quarterback.
Quarterback? Maybe a better word is....
:censored:-1.jpg
+
Brown-Bag-1.jpg

bbsam

Staff member
What benefit would there be for both the Union and Company to play this out in the media?

There is no doubt that they are working behind the scenes to resolve the issue; unfortunately this will be of little benefit to the 250 who will all eventually permanently lose their jobs.

This has nothing to do with the company trying to save a few $$$. Had the drivers in question done the right thing we wouldn't be having this discussion. They instead chose to walk and the Company is making good on their threat to fire them all. Any waffling by the Company at this point would set a dangerous precedent.

How can Liam continue to go to work each day knowing that his careless actions resulted in 250 people losing their jobs?
But things in 804 were terrible. Abusive management, unattainable goals etc. Maybe the 250 are gone for good and that's unfortunate for both sides. But the question that needs to be front and center is why the union allows the underlying conditions to continue. UPS is showing how they will deal with an unsanctioned work stoppage. Why not draw a line in the sand right now and say, "The BS stops right here, right now."?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
But things in 804 were terrible. Abusive management, unattainable goals etc. Maybe the 250 are gone for good and that's unfortunate for both sides. But the question that needs to be front and center is why the union allows the underlying conditions to continue. UPS is showing how they will deal with an unsanctioned work stoppage. Why not draw a line in the sand right now and say, "The BS stops right here, right now."?
In my building...ineffective, uninformed union stewards. Talk, talk, talk...Handing them grievances that magically don't get filed. I can't cite specifics without possibily revealing my identity.

bbsam

Staff member
In my building...ineffective, uninformed union stewards. Talk, talk, talk...Handing them grievances that magically don't get filed. I can't cite specifics without possibily revealing my identity.
That's my point. This isn't limited to a single 804 building and the company, union, and union membership all know it. So why does everybody put up with it? Why won't the IBT strike. Companies (business in general) have multiple cards to play. Tying things up in court, in arbitration, panels etc. taking each case one at a time. Essentially it becomes watered down into "divide and conquer". Unions have one card and it is a very powerful card but they are far to reluctant to play it--strike authorization.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
That's my point. This isn't limited to a single 804 building and the company, union, and union membership all know it. So why does everybody put up with it? Why won't the IBT strike. Companies (business in general) have multiple cards to play. Tying things up in court, in arbitration, panels etc. taking each case one at a time. Essentially it becomes watered down into "divide and conquer". Unions have one card and it is a very powerful card but they are far to reluctant to play it--strike authorization.
I support it, but I seriously doubt a strike will be authorized.

alwaysoverallowed

Maybe the best course of action for all would be bring the drivers back give them a warning letter then have the company sue the local for loses incurred and let the court decided who was wrong.

The union did pass out some, stop the harassment stickers. Im sure that scared Brown!:beafraid: