With all the national news reporting about this , still teamsters websight ,twitter,etc silet

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I did some spring cleaning...came across my old teamster welcome packet from years ago. I went through it to see if there was anything important before throwing it out...lol
Photo3538.jpg

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Just got off the phone with Miss Cleo. She forsees the International delivering the locals holding up ratification of the Master in return for those 250 UPSer's on working termination.
You read it here first!

Mack Grant

Liam is not a deity. 250 drivers made the conscious choice to walk out and stay outside. Nobody coerced or forced them. I respect what they did, and the reasons behind it. However, the blame shouldn't rest squarely on Liam's shoulders..whatever happened to personal responsibility??
He organized the strike. The drivers followed his direction. Most employees don't know the contract line by line. I don't.
Liam knows it and put those drivers at risk by staging the walkout. I would like to see those drivers get those jobs back and Liam take the fall, but that won't happen.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Did you miss/gloss over/ignore the part of the video where he told the drivers 3 times that there was a very real possibility that they could lose their jobs if they stayed outside?

Sent using BrownCafe App

oldngray

nowhere special
I wonder if those drivers knew that Reyes had a hearing that morning before he was fired. I didn't see Liam mention it in that little video clip. He seemed to indicate Reyes was just walked out without warning.

Mack Grant

Did you miss/gloss over/ignore the part of the video where he told the drivers 3 times that there was a very real possibility that they could lose their jobs if they stayed outside?

Sent using BrownCafe App
I didn't miss it at all. However if he really cared he wouldn't have lead the wildcat in the first place.
The drivers will be terminated and Liam will be off scott-free.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I didn't miss it at all. However if he really cared he wouldn't have lead the wildcat in the first place.
The drivers will be terminated and Liam will be off scott-free.

Liam is a former UPSer who was the first driver fired for production. He has an axe to grind against the company and took advantage of this situation to further his own agenda to the detriment of the 250 sheeple foolish enough to listen to him.

804brown

I wonder if those drivers knew that Reyes had a hearing that morning before he was fired. I didn't see Liam mention it in that little video clip. He seemed to indicate Reyes was just walked out without warning.
He was walked out for a NON cardinal sin. Im sure Liam stated Article 7 and they STILL walked him out because UPS thinks they are the arbitrators too.

oldngray

nowhere special
He was walked out for a NON cardinal sin. Im sure Liam stated Article 7 and they STILL walked him out because UPS thinks they are the arbitrators too.

UPS claims "theft" which seems a stretch to me since they claimed he was stealing time. And that would be a cardinal sin.

Brown Spider

Liam is a former UPSer who was the first driver fired for production. He has an axe to grind against the company and took advantage of this situation to further his own agenda to the detriment of the 250 sheeple foolish enough to listen to him.

I'm pretty sure that Liam's BA was the first BA in the country to lose a production arbitration. So, Liam was fired and "has an axe to grind against the company and took advantage of this situation"? So, at what point in the process will the "250 sheeple" begin to have an axe to grind against "the company"? If just 1 of the "250 sheeple" is not returned to work, should the "axe to grind mentality" preclude him from ever working as a BA? And if an Arbitrator issues a decision that returns all "250 sheeple" to work and chastises UPS, is there any chance that you'll stop slobbering all over "the company"?

oldngray

nowhere special
I never heard of anyone getting fired for production. Even when it was it wasn't because UPS would use some excuse other than production.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
What benefit would there be for both the Union and Company to play this out in the media?

There is no doubt that they are working behind the scenes to resolve the issue; unfortunately this will be of little benefit to the 250 who will all eventually permanently lose their jobs.

This has nothing to do with the company trying to save a few $$$. Had the drivers in question done the right thing we wouldn't be having this discussion. They instead chose to walk and the Company is making good on their threat to fire them all. Any waffling by the Company at this point would set a dangerous precedent.

How can Liam continue to go to work each day knowing that his careless actions resulted in 250 people losing their jobs?

Saying things like this is why nobody likes you.