With Scalia's passing, the Agency Fee may become law

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by 104Feeder, Feb 14, 2016.

1. 104Feeder

104Feeder Phoenix Feeder

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/courts_law/scalias-death-flips-supreme-court-dynamics-hurts-conservative-hopes/2016/02/14/b8f1f8ac-d322-11e5-9823-02b905009f99_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_court-desktoponly-1153am:homepage/story

I would rather we win on merit but ultimately if Labor wins this one this is very good news.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Lead Belly

Lead Belly BANNED

Let's just say I wasn't shedding any tears of sorrow last night for that tool. In this GOP dominated America we need everything we can get.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  3. Lead Belly

Lead Belly BANNED

4. byrdman1970

byrdman1970 New Member

5. Lead Belly

Lead Belly BANNED

Scalia is hanging out with the devil right now. FeelTheBern

6. RonBurgandy??????????

RonBurgandy?????????? God is Great, beer is good , People are crazy.

Bernie is growin on me.........

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. Gimme Danger

Gimme Danger Active Member

@Lead Belly, I thought you said tdu are republicans? Bernie had a lot of support among 251 leadership, while the old guard supports Trump. Go figure.

8. Lead Belly

Lead Belly BANNED

image.png

9. Lead Belly

Lead Belly BANNED

There is no OG or Teamster leadership supporting Trump. That's for sure.

10. rod

rod retired and happy

I just keep thinking---Damn--he looks 80 years old now--what the hell would he look like after 4 or 8 years as POTUS (providing he could even make it that long). Barry has aged a lot too in 7 years.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  11. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

I think Bernie had a cold during the last debate,...or tuberculosis?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  12. Bottom rung

Bottom rung Active Member

Who was the last candidate that actually helped unions? All I know is that with the aca, my health insurance isn't as good.

13. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

More like Alzheimer's

14. 251

251 You know me...

upload_2016-2-15_0-39-44.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. Lead Belly

Lead Belly BANNED

image.jpeg Oh how far they have fallen.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Teamcare had nothing to do with the ACA. UPS wanted out of the healthcare business and the union wanted in.

17. Bottom rung

The ACA hurt every existing insurance plan out there. Ups wanted all employees Union and non-union under one insurance policy. This would have hurt plans that were currently being administered by the teamsters. All those plans would have suffered greatly without the money that Ups gives them. The union had to take on health insurance to save health insurance for every other non Ups Teamster out there.

Maybe you haven't noticed that it costs a few more dollars at the optometrist, the dentist, and the doctor. Again Where's the Democrat politicians that helped the unions as a whole?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  18. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

We were already under a Teamster healthcare plan so nothing changed for us.

19. Inthegame

Inthegame Well-Known Member

Candidates don't help anyone unless they're elected. As President, Bill Clinton helped the IBT by not interfering with the '97 strike.
    Have you surveyed "every existing insurance plan out there" to verify your opinion?
    They had that. If they wanted that to continue as you propose they could have negotiated reasonable terms. $90 per week co-premium proposals indicated UPS didn't want to continue insurance coverage. Elimination of spousal coverage for management indicates their desire is the opposite of your premise.
    Not true. I'm in a currently administered by Teamsters union plan with UPS and non-UPS Teamsters. We have negotiated groups into our plan since the implementation of the ACA and have increased our coverage levels. Whether UPS accepted TeamCare or continued to self insure, the only real factor in any Union H&W plan are the negotiated contribution rates.
    H&W plans are not Pensions with long term liability. Money comes in, money goes out. Contribution rates determine coverage levels. Non-UPS Teamster companies understand their employees desire H&W and the CS H&W (TeamCare) was doing just fine before the influx of UPS participants. They now have more participants with more costs. The advantage for all is the economies of scale.
    You are ignoring or are unaware and have been insulated from the pre-ACA insurance double and sometimes triple rate of inflation yearly increases of the 2000's. Insurance costs had risen greatly BEFORE the ACA. Those increases have slowed dramatically.
    Candy bars aren't a nickel anymore....

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  20. Bottom rung

health insurance caught up with the inflation of everything else.