Witness Statements on incidences

UPSGUY72

Don't throw your union brothers under the bus no matter how bad you might not like them. Someday the shoe could be on the other foot and you wouldn't want to be throw under the bus. If you got temporary short term memory loss then you might not be able to recall all the details they might want you to remember.

FilingBluesFL

I had an issue once with a dumb fat chick that was a PAS button pusher (the person that pushes the button on the little reader and puts a sticker on the box.)

I was laid off, and was unloading trailers, was just getting in to a fresh rail, and couldn't get a load stand on level ground, and it would have been over the gap between the trailer and the wall. So I started unloading, and the fat bitch turned off the belt and demanded I use a load stand blah blah blah. I'm 6'2" tall, my arms reach the top of the walls plenty fine in the trailer. But NOOOOOOO she had to be an obnoxious ass.

So the whole time, I just said, "Turn the belt on so I can work." and she refused to and even became belligerent and started calling me names, and saying how I was a worthless driver because I was laid off and everything. The whole time I just kept saying louder and louder, and eventually loud enough so EVERYONE on preload could hear it, even over the fans "TURN THE BELT ON I WANT TO WORK. STOP OBSTRUCTING ME. TURN. ON. THE BELT."

I HATE fat chicks... they always seem to have some kind of need to push people around...

GRRRRR.....

Oddly enough she lied and said that I was saying all kinds of bad things about her, but everyone else was able to perfectly hear what I was saying, because I said it loud enough for them all to hear lol

I dunno why I just typed all that in this thread...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Don't throw your union brothers under the bus no matter how bad you might not like them. Someday the shoe could be on the other foot and you wouldn't want to be throw under the bus. If you got temporary short term memory loss then you might not be able to recall all the details they might want you to remember.

They threw themselves under the bus.

HBGPreloader

Since your involvement can adversely affect your working conditions, this is one of those times where you should know and fully understand your "Weingarten Rights"...

""If this discussion could in any way lead to my being disciplined or terminated, or affect my personal working conditions, I respectfully request that my union representative, officer, or steward be present at this meeting. Until my representative arrives, I choose not to participate in this discussion."

rod

Retired 22 years
Upstate figures the more you rat on your fellow employees the more brownie points you get with management. That's why he is thought of so highly by management and as such a :censored2:-bag by his fellow workers.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
They threw themselves under the bus.
No, they had an argument. And according to the OP, the argument was ultimately resolved without resorting to violence.

Nothing to see here, move along. The company may want to make much ado about nothing, but the OP is under no moral or legal obligation to participate.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
"If you see something, say something"

You need to submit a written statement of your account of the incident.
If I saw an actual crime being committed...such as theft of property or unprovoked assault....I would say something.

Two guys having a heated argument isnt a crime, therefore I would be under no obligation to say a damn thing.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We had a 22.3 and PTer get in to a heated argument which escalated to the use of a racial slur. Both were walked out. The PTer came back after 3 weeks while the 22.3 sat out for a month.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Upstate figures the more you rat on your fellow employees the more brownie points you get with management. That's why he is thought of so highly by management and as such a :censored2:-bag by his fellow workers.

You work in my center?

Oh, wait---aren't you the retired loser who still talks shop after having been gone for 14 years?

bumped

Just explain one person was yelling Less Filling and the other was yelling Tastes Great. You just intervened and told them to buy a Bud Light.