wkmac :the movie

Babagounj

Strength through joy
one of all time favorites.
This trailer did not show enough of how their media was biased .
However could you get someone sexier for the female lead ?

P

pickup

one of all time favorites.
This trailer did not show enough of how their media was biased .
However could you get someone sexier for the female lead ?

one of my all time favorites also. I saw this movie many years ago on late night television and had no idea what I was getting into and when he put those glasses on, the movie took a 90 degree turn from where it was before.

Yeah about the female lead. Looks like they saved money on casting from top to bottom, and they paid for it. Can you imagine Arnold Swargenegger in this film with sharon stone as the newswoman? It would have been box office gold

Since you are familiar with the film, did the conversion to HD television make you think of this film?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Not the conversion.
More like the biased media. All those hidden messages that say "obey " "consume " kind of like America today.
Our media is so lopsided and judgmental that anyone who doesn't conform is automatically classified as an extremist.

wkmac

Longest fight scene in the movies! If I remember correct, don't hold to this, but the movie was based on a short story entitled "8 O' Clock In The Morning."

If I remember correct, the movie also had a pretty good bassline groove too!

diesel96

Longest fight scene in the movies! If I remember correct, don't hold to this, but the movie was based on a short story entitled "8 O' Clock In The Morning."

If I remember correct, the movie also had a pretty good bassline groove too!

"I am here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum"

Check out John Carpenters "The Thing"

P

pickup

Not the conversion.
More like the biased media. All those hidden messages that say "obey " "consume " kind of like America today.
Our media is so lopsided and judgmental that anyone who doesn't conform is automatically classified as an extremist.

I was thinking more along the lines of with the conversion, not everyone went along with it. Quite a few millions didn't get their converter boxes for whatever reason. If these people go a considerable amount of time without tv, they might start seeing things a little differently than they did before and maybe have a thought that wasn't dictated to them.

wkmac

I was thinking more along the lines of with the conversion, not everyone went along with it. Quite a few millions didn't get their converter boxes for whatever reason. If these people go a considerable amount of time without tv, they might start seeing things a little differently than they did before and maybe have a thought that wasn't dictated to them.

This isn't good Pickup! Not good at all! I stopped watching TV (for the most part) several years ago and look where it got me!
:happy-very::happy-very::happy-very:

Seriously, an interesting point. Yesterday I watched Bill Moyers interview American poet W.S. Merwin when my neighbor came over to borrow a tool. His response was, "how do you watch that boring crap!" Funny how life is, he watches all the reality shows, etc. and the question he posed is what I think about the stuff he watches. In my case it just remains a thought and never verbalized.

I wonder what he would have thought of me watching a program last night on the concept of Parallel Universes and M Theory on the Science Channel?
:happy2:

I believe you guys elsewhere were debating this so to borrow from you,

"it is what it is!"
:wink2:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I saw Rowdy Roddy Piper fight against "Playboy" Buddy Rose when I was 12 or 13 years old in a match at the Marshfield High School gym in little old Coos Bay, Oregon. I waited outside the locker room with a bunch of other kids to get his autograph. That was before the WWF. It was a big deal when "pro 'rasslin" came to town every 8 weeks or so. They would come down from Portland where there was a big regional promoter named Elton Owen who signed some big names before they became famous. Rowdy Piper....Jimmy Snuka...Dusty Rhodes....Stan Stasiak....I got to watch them all back in the day when they toured the Northwest doing bouts in little school gyms and community centers. Piper still lives up here, a guy in my center actually delivers packages to him at his home.

P

pickup

This isn't good Pickup! Not good at all! I stopped watching TV (for the most part) several years ago and look where it got me!
:happy-very::happy-very::happy-very:

Seriously, an interesting point. Yesterday I watched Bill Moyers interview American poet W.S. Merwin when my neighbor came over to borrow a tool. His response was, "how do you watch that boring crap!" Funny how life is, he watches all the reality shows, etc. and the question he posed is what I think about the stuff he watches. In my case it just remains a thought and never verbalized. so when people need a tool to use, are you the first person they think of?:wink2: , seriously, if they start rounding up the rabblerousers, I think your neighbor might be the one to drop the dime on you. If you are as opinionated with him as you are here, expect a visit from the secret service any day now

I wonder what he would have thought of me watching a program last night on the concept of Parallel Universes and M Theory on the Science Channel?
:happy2: Dude, I let no one see my i pod and the podcasts on it, lest they confirm what they already think: that I am "crazy"

I believe you guys elsewhere were debating this so to borrow from you,

"it is what it is!"

P

pickup

I saw Rowdy Roddy Piper fight against "Playboy" Buddy Rose when I was 12 or 13 years old in a match at the Marshfield High School gym in little old Coos Bay, Oregon. I waited outside the locker room with a bunch of other kids to get his autograph. That was before the WWF. It was a big deal when "pro 'rasslin" came to town every 8 weeks or so. They would come down from Portland where there was a big regional promoter named Elton Owen who signed some big names before they became famous. Rowdy Piper....Jimmy Snuka...Dusty Rhodes....Stan Stasiak....I got to watch them all back in the day when they toured the Northwest doing bouts in little school gyms and community centers. Piper still lives up here, a guy in my center actually delivers packages to him at his home.

cool story, I was never into wrestling, but I read of the times (just like this one)when the few fans(before it exploded) had many opportunities to interact with their favorite wrestlers in more intimate settings . Now those opportunities no longer exist.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
cool story, I was never into wrestling, but I read of the times (just like this one)when the few fans(before it exploded) had many opportunities to interact with their favorite wrestlers in more intimate settings . Now those opportunities no longer exist.
And neither do those cool wrestlers.

wkmac

so when people need a tool to use, are you the first person they think of?:wink2: , seriously, if they start rounding up the rabblerousers, I think your neighbor might be the one to drop the dime on you. If you are as opinionated with him as you are here, expect a visit from the secret service any day now

Oh if you only knew, if you only knew!

Dude, I let no one see my i pod and the podcasts on it, lest they confirm what they already think: that I am "crazy"

You might seriously want to steer them away from Browncafe too!
:winks: