Woman struck by and trapped under UPS truck files lawsuit

UPS4Life

I would think that in cases other than gross negligence that the employee cannot be named in the lawsuit or his personal assets subject to seizure.
I live in PA but a fellow employee told me that they have something called an umbrella policy? It's suppose to protect your assets in this type of scenario. Sadly I haven't looked into it more maybe I will start because nobody plans on getting in an accident just like nobody plans on dying.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Go Brown Or Go Home!

Happened in my center. Yes it was 5 o clock and he was wearing a hoodie. It was also snowing and raining which limited his visibility. She didn't have to cut out but the fire dept had to lift the car with the balloon lifts they use. It sucks all around but really haven't heard much about it since it happened until the news brought it back up.

moldsporh

How long till smart drivers use one of their own?

GoPro clipped to cupholder every day. Wide enough to see sidewalk to sidewalk. Slightly distorted at extremes but one day I'm sure it will come in handy.

Another note, I don't feel this was a "scumbag" style scam. If the driver was looking back to the forward direction, scanning before proceeding, this could have been avoided.

This is why I will NEVER EVER leave the yard without a properly functioning horn.

EVER.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I do remember the video of this accident. Yes. She got hit by us. But, there was a line of cars going along too. Was she in the crosswalk when it was closed? Maybe go brown can give more info. It is a shame all around

Go Brown Or Go Home!

Unfortunately I'm not 100 percent sure on that. I know the driver was turning and it happened on the corner but I don't know if he got to close or she got to close. Sorry I'll try to find out that part.