Women at UPS

bsmith08

Umm, proof reading is YOUR friend. You might want to try it before you hit "post reply".
There's a difference between making an error and having an inability to properly construct sentences. Who doesn't know how to spell " already" or know when to put the letter "s" at the end of the word. If you are trying to criticize me and you can spell or write, I'm going to to let you know.

Sent using BrownCafe

Last edited:

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
Not sure which one of us you were responding to so I'll chime in with BB58.

I'm SO glad I don't work with you. I always hated working with females like you who acted so helpless to get what they wanted in life. It has nothing to do with wanting to be a man or being manly. Trust me, I am very much a woman and damn good at it. It has to do with respect for yourself and the guys you work with. If you get paid the same as them for doing the job why should ANY accommodations be made for you because you're a woman? That is a man's job! It's physically demanding, period. Women were able to get in because they FOUGHT for the right. And most women do it well. Some women, like you, need to go back in the office, blowing the boss under his desk, and not get your manicured nails dirty.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Pretty sure that's what it says!

Sent using BrownCafe App
I guess I a spell check or comma would be too much to ask, huh? For the record, I was not upset about the answer, but by the disrespectful ways in which people responded. I have no problem with differing opinions, but being verbally assaulted is something completely different. Re-read my original post and subsequent posts, if that's not a stretch for you. I did not become upset until I was talked down to unnecessarily and incessantly. By the way, are you the same person UPSAngel who posted about being suspended for " calling out"? I surely hope not, given your need to hop aboard the bashing of a " newbie" for asking a question. I can guarantee you that I would never call in to ANY job 12 times in one year. I have been at my current job for 16 years. It's late September, and I have not called in to my job once this year. Stop being a follower. And to answer your question, no, I'm not sure if this job is for me, which is why I came to to this site to try and get an idea of what's considered normal at different locations. Some on here present as "burned out drones", to quote someone named UPSAngel

Sent using BrownCafe App

bsmith08

I can see that this is a just a big gang of a $$ holes here. ON and BB58 are the ring leaders and UPSAngel just likes to ride along to shy away from his/her own poor work ethic. I literally got ganged up on and insulted just for asking a question and thinking aloud. It's a good thing, I can stand up for myself. For those who are happy you don't work with me, the feeling is quite mutual.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
There's a difference between making an error and having an inability to properly construct sentences. Who doesn't know how to spell " already" or know when to put the letter "s" at the end of the word. If you are trying to criticize me and you can spell or write, I'm going to to let you know.

Sent using BrownCafe

Who are you to correct anyone's spelling, punctuation, grammar or sentence structure? Everyone has their strengths and for some writing proper English may not be it. Maybe he can build a house from top to bottom or build a car from frame to finished product. Hell, he might be a former brain surgeon for all you know.

You talk about people on here being condescending. You have no idea how condescending you sound. You really need to crawl back into whatever hole you crawled out of and chill. You've been trolling since your first post.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I can see that this is a just a big gang of a $$ holes here. ON and BB58 are the ring leaders and UPSAngel just likes to ride along to shy away from his/her own poor work ethic. I literally got ganged up on and insulted just for asking a question and thinking aloud. It's a good thing, I can stand up for myself. For those who are happy you don't work with me, the feeling is quite mutual.

Sent using BrownCafe App

As you said a few posts ago, you need to STFU.

bsmith08

I
Who are you to correct anyone's spelling, punctuation, grammar or sentence structure? Everyone has their strengths and for some writing proper English may not be it. Maybe he can build a house from top to bottom or build a car from frame to finished product. Hell, he might be a former brain surgeon for all you know.

You talk about people on here being condescending. You. have no idea how condescending you sound. You really need to crawl back into whatever hole you crawled out of and chill. You've been trolling since your first post.
Oh like maybe some might be better at loading trucks than sorting packages? I get it. It's okay for me to be talked down to and literally told that I'm the type to give a boss bjob, but I can't comment on someone's incompetence? You guys are such hypocrites. I am far from a troll. Read the posts. I was vilified right off the bat. , However, because I gave it back and didn't back down, I'm " trolling". Whatever

Sent using BrownCafe App

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

Sent using BrownCafe App
images-2.jpeg

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I Oh like maybe some might be better at loading trucks than sorting packages? I get it. It's okay for me to be talked down to and literally told that I'm the type to give a boss bjob, but I can't comment on someone's incompetence? You guys are such hypocrites. I am far from a troll. Read the posts. I was vilified right off the bat. , However, because I gave it back and didn't back down, I'm " trolling". Whatever

Sent using BrownCafe App
Wah...packages are heavy. Wah, my manicure is ruined. Wah..I wanna work in small sort. Wah, people on the internet are being mean. For the love of Pete.....Go give that BJ...you can't post so much with a handful of beans!

bsmith08

Wow! You sure proud of that education of yours. It would be really interesting if everyone on here with a degree spoke up to let you know, you ain't that speshul.
I'm guessing you don't have a degree though, or is that an awful assumption. Oh and I never said I was special. I simply said loading the trucks was difficult and that I wanted to sort. I never said I was entitled to anything. WTF? I can not be the first person to have an opinion about their job function.

Sent using BrownCafe App