Women at UPS

VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy
I went driving off the street as soon as I turned 21 and was cut absolutely no slack by any of the men. I spent 15 years in package car and the last 10 in feeder and I've found I've gotten the most respect out of not asking for any help at all. And I'm no "G.I. Jane' at 5'8" and 130 lbs so I don't think that should worry you.
Of all the jobs I've had UPS is the one that had the most equality to it. Pull you're own weight and you'll fit in. If you want to be treated based on gender there's always Hooters.

Being a woman is for when you're off the clock. At work you're a UPS'er.

oldngray

nowhere special
grilledfrog.png

bsmith08

I went driving off the street as soon as I turned 21 and was cut absolutely no slack by any of the men. I spent 15 years in package car and the last 10 in feeder and I've found I've gotten the most respect out of not asking for any help at all. And I'm no "G.I. Jane' at 5'8" and 130 lbs so I don't think that should worry you.
Of all the jobs I've had UPS is the one that had the most equality to it. Pull you're own weight and you'll fit in. If you want to be treated based on gender there's always Hooters.

Being a woman is for when you're off the clock. At work you're a UPS'er.
Good for you and your accomplishments. Do you want a cookie or a small parade?

Sent using BrownCafe App

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I'm trying to figure out why I bothered reading this whole thread.

Over my 34+ years driving, I saw women in every level of the company. Only one, a driver, played the female card, and had zero respect.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I'm trying to figure out why I bothered reading this whole thread.

Over my 34+ years driving, I saw women in every level of the company. Only one, a driver, played the female card, and had zero respect.
We had a driver like that....she doesn't work here anymore.

bsmith08

Hey..don't start again. Your left foot tastes the same as your right foot....I guarantee it.
Eff you! What do you think you some how schooled me because you have your cheering squad behind you? I have not put my foot in my mouth at all. I love how all of the women can all of sudden lift 150lb packages and those of us who can't are whiny? Again, have several seats please

Sent using BrownCafe App

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
We had a driver like that....she doesn't work here anymore.

Kiddo, the very bestest loaders I had were women. I had one on a totally rural route (11 zip codes and just PO boxes and RD numbers) that was so good that there were days I only touched the packages to take them off the truck. And, long before PAS/EDD.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Eff you! What do you think you some how schooled me because you have your cheering squad behind you? I have not put my foot in my mouth at all. I love how all of the women can all of sudden lift 150lb packages and those of us who can't are whiny? Again, have several seats please

Sent using BrownCafe App

You can and should get help for anything over 70 pounds.