Wondering if they discriminate against age for Seasonal helpers.

Tabatha

Last year I was a seasonal helper didn't get one call until about two, weeks before Christmas and I signed up again this year after being emailed asking if I wanted to help again this year. I updated my application gave my new number through an email to the HR that was doing the hiring they called me once but used my old number since my file didn't get updated correctly and haven't been called once since then where my daughter is called in everyday.

Z

ZQXC

Good lord! Let me be perfectly clear on this, 42 is not old.

UPS does not use age discrimination against me: I am a 62 year old driver and they delight in putting just as much ( or more ) work on me as they do with the young bucks.

Tabatha

I know it isn't UPS fault but it is the people in the local office is the one that does the calling each morning and I think they choose the younger people my daughter is 22 and has been called in for the last week and 2 days and this is her first time working for them this year

Future

Victory Ride
article-0-1C957C9500000578-679_634x633.jpg
No age discrimination.....this is my helper....put her in training in the off season so she would pick up the pace with the overweights.....sidenote makes one hell of pecan butternut cookie

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Last year I was a seasonal helper didn't get one call until about two, weeks before Christmas and I signed up again this year after being emailed asking if I wanted to help again this year. I updated my application gave my new number through an email to the HR that was doing the hiring they called me once but used my old number since my file didn't get updated correctly and haven't been called once since then where my daughter is called in everyday.

I would think that your daughter would be able to make sure that the helper coordinator has your correct phone number and that you are ready and willing to work or would have the phone number for you to contact them.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
It may not be because she is younger. It may be because she did a fine job and the driver wants her back. Don't give up. We still have two weeks of Hell left.

jaker

trolling
Sorry to tell you nobody knows your age but the driver you help

If you haven't gone out at all then it's just ups and you are not needed yet or they still have a bad phone number for you

Tabatha

And last year when I did finally get to help I was there each time they called but I guess I am thankful I have a full time job because if I relied on this one I would be homeless