Wondering if they discriminate against age for Seasonal helpers.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I am just going to give up on even trying I wrote corporate and asked them about the age never got a response wrote the Recruiter today and thanked her for the opportunity of being able to at least work one year with UPS and I think next year I am not going to even bother with the Farmington Mo UPS maybe another location but not this one
Farmington you say. The center manager there jumps between 3 different centers. All about 45 minutes apart. I would imagine all 3 are quite the cluster this time of year.

I can promise you there is no discrimination especially this time of year. If you're a warm body and they need you. You will get a call. It's a very small center and I can't imagine they would need all that many helpers. They often over higher expecting many to quit or never show.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

The way helpers are assigned varies daily. Some days you need a helper with drivers all day to get a reasonable stop count done. Other days you don't need anybody. Once guys get comfortable with a driver and build a report they generally stick with them. This year is a lot different than last year. We are a lot more prepared and have extra seasonal drivers so helpers aren't as vital as they were last year.

You aren't discriminated by age. I'd be surprised if your coordinator could pick you out in a lineup.

GillEagan

I always look 10 years younger than I am.
The various postings on here seem to indicate that the ease of getting called out for driver helper varies from one location in the US to the other. I'm in the east valley of the Phoenix Metro area and it is quite easy to get called out. But then again many quit or don't show up. Also some show up for the interview with tatoos in hard to cover up places and facial hair. Makes me wonder if they ever get to go out with a driver.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
It seems to me you are just using age as an excuse. UPS really doesn't care how old you are as long as you can fog a mirror. They will promise to many more people than they need that they will be working but that is just to account for the usual % who quit and leave more openings available. UPS will do that to everyone regardless of age.

How Hot Are You??

Indecisi0n

Farmington you say. The center manager there jumps between 3 different centers. All about 45 minutes apart. I would imagine all 3 are quite the cluster this time of year.

I can promise you there is no discrimination especially this time of year. If you're a warm body and they need you. You will get a call. It's a very small center and I can't imagine they would need all that many helpers. They often over higher expecting many to quit or never show.
So it's just like college: if it's a warm body play ball?

Tabatha

I am not quitting I have a full time job and work from 6 pm to 6 am 3 days a, week and have 7days off between rotation I was, just going to try to make some extra cash for a trip

GeaugaDog

It basically just comes down to your location. I know in my area they had a hard time getting enough helpers as it was for the routes so helpers out here are pretty much a lock to work every day mon-fri.

UPSGUY72

I don't discriminate age age anything thing else. However you better be able to do the job that you where hired to do. That means you have to be making the day go by faster than if I was doing it alone.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I had a 37 yr old helper, good shape learned quick. A nieghboring center has a 57 yr old, told he does well. I believe hr has to discriminate sometimes. Seriously, a 300 pd person may not be able to git.