Won't rehire

very confused

Hopefully someone out there could shed some light on this issue.

My son worked for UPS during the holiday season (3 mos) seasonal work, and was constantly praised by his coworkers and supervisor. The seasonal position was over and he tried to get rehired, he was informed that there was some negative information in file, mind you he is fresh out of college and has only worked 2 jobs before this. I do not understand what negative information they have on him. They refused to let him know what it is, please advised.

Thank you

very confused

My son worked for UPS during the holiday season (3 mos) seasonal work, and was constantly praised by his coworkers and supervisor. The seasonal position was over and he tried to get rehired, he was informed that there was some negative information in file, mind you he is fresh out of college and has only worked 2 jobs before this. I do not understand what negative information they have on him. They refused to let him know what it is, please advised.

Thank you
What are some of the reasons they would not rehire a seasonal worker, who did work 90 days.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

Thank you
Maybe your son was lying to you about the positive feedback he received while working here.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
this company uses and abuses their workforce, especially P/T. They may have just needed to fill peak positions and had no intention to rehire. Sometimes a warm body will fill the bill short time.

J

jibbs

I've never heard of a seasonal worker getting praised by other co workers.

I've personally told a few seasonals that they were doing an awesome :censored2:ing job.

I've also told a few some very negative things and wondered aloud just how long they were going to last over the next couple of weeks.

It's management that doesn't seem to praise the seasonals outside of "good job, start time tomorrow's 12:15"-- just my experience, at least.

I've personally told a few seasonals that they were doing an aweosme :censored2:ing job.

I've also told a few some very negative things and wondered aloud just how long they were going to last in the couple weeks.

It's management that doesn't seem to praise the seasonals-- just my experience, at least.
Most of the seasonal workers we had were lucky to have a pulse

J

jibbs

Mistnof the seasonal workers we had were lucky to have a pulse

That's generally the same case in my center.

Luckily, my personal work area is only large enough to house 4 pulls on an average day, so I don't usually have to deal with many of them-- if any at all.

I've noticed that seasonals tend to do best in the unload, though. The ones that are in the unload during peak tend to get rehired some time in the next year if they have any interest. The loaders get recycled so fast it's kind of hard to believe, and they don't even bother putting new guys in the sort aisle anymore.

J

jibbs

Could be the weed?

3709993.gif

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Thank you
Maybe he enjoys living at home and doing nothing while mommy and daddy take care of him so he came up with an excuse.