WOOHOO! Feeders here I come!

brett636

Just received the call today. Looks like I will be one of my area's newest feeder drivers (if I can make it through training and my first 30 days). Not too bad for a 28 year old who never spent a day in delivery!

:clap::clap::clap::balloon::balloon::balloon:

You suck!:happy-very:

Congrats,use your head and drive safe regardless,and get used to less than optimum work hours until you get some whiskers.

Also,no celebratory drinking on the clock.

brett636

Haha, thanks for the congratulations. I admit I am a bit nervous about the size of the vehicles I will be driving. I've never sat in a semi let alone drive one, but I'm hoping it will be like driving the package cars where I will get used to it as I get some experience under my belt.

The big part is to always know where your corners are,never drive over your head, and remember that if you screw up they be scraping you out of the cab with a putty knife.

So just have fun!

yeldarb

Where you located? Will you be pulling 3 trailers or max of 2? congrats on getting feeders without having to do package car.

UPSBluRdg03

Congrats man. Cant wait for the day I can get into feeders. I dont mind delivery but up and down those steps everyday will make ya old quick.

NEFARIOUS

BOTTOM FEEDER
Congrats man..And good luck listen to your trainer and stay calm...Dont stress when you miss some gears at first it happens...

fxdwg

Long Time Member
Best wishes for driving safely and avoiding insane people on ther Highway.
From what I understand, Feeders are a wonderful "Day Job".

Again: Best Wishes.......Keep it under 100!!!

JonFrum

Ah, feeders. Where cab air is conditioned, mirrors are heated, seats are suspended on a cushion of air, radios are AM/FM & CB, and packages are locked in the back where you can't even see 'em.

brett636

good luck with those big rigs.

Thanks, I'll need it!

Hope you light working nights and vacations in February/March.

In all seroiusness, congrats Brett.

Since I am already working 6 pm to 3 am and I usually can't go to bed till close to 5 am or later I don't see the hours affecting me too much. Its the whole having to take all my vacations early in the year and being on call for the next 2-5 years thats gonna suck.

Where you located? Will you be pulling 3 trailers or max of 2? congrats on getting feeders without having to do package car.

I am located in central Indiana. One of the tests I had to take to get my CDL permit was a doubles and triple trailers test, but I have never seen a set of triples leave my yard before. In fact I have lived and traveled throughout Indiana and I cannot recall a truck pulling triples so chances are I will only get to do doubles at the most. I think only a select few highways are allowed to have triple trailers on them, but I am not completely sure on that.

Brett, please tell us where you work so we can avoid that area while you're training.

Congratulations!!!

I would suggest avoiding the midwest at all costs for the next few weeks. ;)

hope you pass all those background checks from TSA, if you plan on doing any airport runs

Already jumped this hurdle. My building has two shuttles that go to Louisville, and I fill in for them when they go on vacation or when we have a third shuttle. I've been certified to go on airport properties for nearly 2 years now. In fact I am one of a small handful of people outside the feeder department who is certified to do this.

Best wishes for driving safely and avoiding insane people on ther Highway.
From what I understand, Feeders are a wonderful "Day Job".

Again: Best Wishes.......Keep it under 100!!!

And here I thought these trucks were lucky to hit 65.

Coffee, donuts and sitting for hours on end will make you fat real quick.

This is something I will have to tackle assuming this becomes my permanent new job. Learning to eat less and get some kind of exercise outside of UPS is going to be difficult, but I hope I can learn to manage.

I recommend using "Buster Brown" as your CB handle. No one has ever used that before.

So your saying Brett636 wouldn't work as my CB handle?

Ah, feeders. Where cab air is conditioned, mirrors are heated, seats are suspended on a cushion of air, radios are AM/FM & CB, and packages are locked in the back where you can't even see 'em.

I knew about the air conditioning and the seat, but I did not know the mirrors are heated. Sure would be nice on those package cars when the temperature plummets. Its a real pain to park them in the building because the mirrors fog over as soon as you drive in. :angry: