"Work As Directed," they said...

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
UPSers.com had an article about winning an award for ORION. I just laughed when I saw it. This company is so dishonest its disgusting. Being dishonest is the only way ORION could eve win an award. Unless there is an award for the biggest waste of money.
whenever i made a suggestion they would say....you do your job and we'll do ours. they had hardly any respect for the front line employee.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

View attachment 81970
Nothing new, here... just another example of our slow slide to mediocrity.

We have a new center manager. He's a sweetheart of an imbecile.
I kinda feel sorry for him in the same way you might feel sorry for the guy who gets so drink he pees on himself without even knowing it.

My route was never properly set up for ORION. The old Manager knew this, so never insisted I follow it. This new guy has never driven and gas no clue what a logistical nightmare ORION can be when not properly set up.

He's learning.

Prior to him, it wasn't uncommon for me to have 185 on Wednesdays & close to 170 the rest of the week.

With him wetting his panties over trace compliance, I was ordered to RUN IT BY ORION AND WORK AS INSTRUCTED!

OK!

My high days are now no more than 150. I worked 10 hours one day this week, and had something like 144. I broke 9.5 four times, so he got hit with his second grievance from me on two weeks (the follow trace command started two weeks ago).

I originally hated ORION, but getting almost $50/hour to sit in traffic listening to music is a lot more enjoyable than actually working. ORION actually insists I leave the core of my route, sit in one if the most congested roads in the city at 5:30 pm to hit a tiny subdivision I normally hit on the way in and then backtrack to finish the 2nd half of the 1st subdivision I'm in every day.

(BTW, I originally uploaded a picture of the 5:30 traffic jam from my route, but thought better of it. The one included is from the innernetz.)
Sounds to me like your route is getting better from orion.......before orion high of 185 and avg of 170 weekly.....with orion high of 150 with and avg of 144......and you haven't filed a 9.5 yet.....you may be able to get that route down to 130 stops.......orion sounds awesome from where I am sitting

Keenj

Our center just recently got Orion and I've only attempted to do it once. It lasted about 45 minutes before I got fed up with the the way it wanted me to do my route and having to dig in alternating shelves for packages. Sups haven't been pushing us to follow it yet so I'm not concerned.

jaker

trolling
Per my request they started posting the trace numbers. I have been right around 90% for the week.
I really hope you have me blocked with this dumb suggestion

I thought you was a driver but I can clearly see you are a FT sup acting like a driver

Any real driver world not care about their numbers or ask them to post them for everyone to see if they are hitting their magic numbers

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I really hope you have me blocked with this dumb suggestion

I thought you was a driver but I can clearly see you are a FT sup acting like a driver

Any real driver world not care about their numbers or ask them to post them for everyone to see if they are hitting their magic numbers

For weeks they had been preaching about Orion compliance but not giving us the numbers to see where we stood.

Now we know.

You are more than welcome to be my helper this Peak so you can just how "real" a driver I am. Pack a lunch----you will need it.

What'dyabringmetoday???

For weeks they had been preaching about Orion compliance but not giving us the numbers to see where we stood.

Now we know.

You are more than welcome to be my helper this Peak so you can just how "real" a driver I am. Pack a lunch----you will need it.
Keep up the good work Skippy. Now get in there and sort some packages before start time. Lol

Overpaid Union Thug

whenever i made a suggestion they would say....you do your job and we'll do ours. they had hardly any respect for the front line employee.
I no longer make suggestions. I used to take the time to write down DOLs (complete with number breaks), where to permanently place bulk stops in my load (RDR, FL1, etc), what areas I should and shouldn't get NDAs for, and any other suggestions that (if implemented) would have made me a more efficient driver. But nooooo..... It was either thrown in the trash or half-assed. And I'd end up with things right back where they were, or worse, within days.

I finally decided I was through with these clowns. I'm not wasting anymore time trying to tell them to do their jobs. They obviously want us to fail.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I no longer make suggestions. I used to take the time to write down DOLs (complete with number breaks), where to permanently place bulk stops in my load (RDR, FL1, etc), what areas I should and shouldn't get NDAs for, and any other suggestions that (if implemented) would have made me a more efficient driver. But nooooo..... It was either thrown in the trash or half-assed. And I'd end up with things right back where they were, or worse, within days.

I finally decided I was through with these clowns. I'm not wasting anymore time trying to tell them to do their jobs. They obviously want us to fail.

The problem is they have multiple plans and any changes that you or I suggest must be made to all of the plans, which is just not gonna happen.

Lately they have been putting what used to be bulk floor stops on to the shelves. Thankfully my loader catches this and loads them where they are supposed to go.

Overpaid Union Thug

The problem is they have multiple plans and any changes that you or I suggest must be made to all of the plans, which is just not gonna happen.

Lately they have been putting what used to be bulk floor stops on to the shelves. Thankfully my loader catches this and loads them where they are supposed to go.
They know that problem but flat out refuse to account for it. And there are areas that should never change. There's no need for different plans for those areas. The only time a bulk stop should be moved is when it is on a different route. But these clowns can't be bothered with anything that isn't one of their metrics. Plus, they aren't going to waste time fixing their mess when they can be outside chain smoking themselves to death instead.

jaker

trolling
Really did you just say that , so your route is only hard at peak

all routes are hard at peak , but I hear you talk about your route so I have a clue what you do and I always bring my lunch so not scared

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
They know that problem but flat out refuse to account for it. And there are areas that should never change. There's no need for different plans for those areas. The only time a bulk stop should be moved is when it is on a different route. But these clowns can't be bothered with anything that isn't one of their metrics. Plus, they aren't going to waste time fixing their mess when they can be outside chain smoking themselves to death instead.
exactly!! I found long ago if I solve their problems they have zero motivation to solve any problems so.......things go to hell in a hand basket and I "work as directed"

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
i made suggestions that i thought would help everyone and when they said no i would just do those things for myself. so on the ride alongs i would do that and the supe would say" why are you doing that?" and i would say "It works better for me."

invariably they would say that may be so but please do it the way we want you to today. so i guess it was like anything else. yes them to death and do it the right way when they aren't looking.