"Work As Directed," they said...

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Do you foresee any such contract language being added in 2018?
No.
If they tried to enforce ORION compliance thru discipline it would be a case of the driver being given conflicting instructions.
The only suitable language would be to state that the driver would not be held accountable for any service failures due to following ORION, and the company will never agree to that.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
Residential backing is through the roof here. We are now being told to go around the block instead of making a huey. LOL.

If you go around the block, you have defeated the Orion solution. It can only achieve those those low mileage figures with turnarounds at the delivery point.

Not that I care either way.

Foamer Pyle

I think it's hilarious how UPS is spinning ORION in the media. The last quarter was rather profitable, and they're convinced it's ORION.

Meanwhile, they seem to pretend to forget the fact that with so many drivers now not under 9.5 protection, they're putting 11 hour routes on 5 guys instead of 8.5s on 6. They're saving an entire route per every 6 under the current contract.

Technology won't be the big issue under the next contract... further eliminating 9.5 protections will be.
Make no bones about it, any change in 9.5 language that goes the wrong direction, will result in a no vote from me. I will only have to work about 5 or 6 months in the next contract, before I hit 30 years. I can't believe the number of cowards that are afraid to get on the 9.5 list. My entire loop is buttoned down. They can only screw me 2 days. I am also considering filing against them for not taking my age and physical condition into consideration.

542thruNthru

The problem is there are so many drivers that don't want to be on the 9.5 list that absolutely HATE every driver on it. It makes no sense to me why they hate them so much. They will jump all over a contract that makes 9.5 harder.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
always work smart, not hard. that way you can retire young, rich, and in relatively good health. actually the company and the contract gives you all the tools to do so. and if you do your research here on the BrownCafe there are many smart members that can help you do this.

I have been out almost a year and without exaggeration every day is almost like Christmas morning.

By The Book

The problem is there are so many drivers that don't want to be on the 9.5 list that absolutely HATE every driver on it. It makes no sense to me why they hate them so much. They will jump all over a contract that makes 9.5 harder.
They hate them because they, on occasion are now doing what they fell is the 9.5 drivers work.

wayfair

swollen member
always work smart, not hard. that way you can retire young, rich, and in relatively good health. actually the company and the contract gives you all the tools to do so. and if you do your research here on the BrownCafe there are many smart members that can help you do this.

I have been out almost a year and without exaggeration every day is almost like Christmas morning.

isn't there a stripper forum you can engage?

Foamer Pyle

They hate them because they, on occasion are now doing what they fell is the 9.5 drivers work.
You hit the nail on the head. I guess it's different in other areas of the country. People around here are getting smarter, and getting on the 9.5 BandWagon. We have entire centers on the 9.5 list, that forces the company to pay extra, or hire more drivers.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
most of them are on ignore they are just wasting valuable oxygen. . life is too short for that aggravation. BTW , I gave you a second chance, ha ha.
Nobody cares ...nobody cares...

Tell us all again how you were a circle of honor driver and you drove through blinding snow when you couldn't see the lanes???

That one was priceless.

Orion inc.

I like turtles

What's a 17 year pension pay? Is that all Pt years or mix?

Or are you going to lie more and say you put in 25-30 FT years?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Per my request they started posting the trace numbers. I have been right around 90% for the week.

There is one veteran driver who has been "spoken to" every day for the past 2 weeks at the end of the PCM. He is running in the low 70's and they really want him to get closer to 85%. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
Per your request. Lmao.

I'd file a greivance on those numbers being posted so fast you wouldn't believe it.

You have no right to know what anyone else's numbers are.

dudebro

Can't do that either. Can't post any of the numbers. It can be considered a form of harassment.[/QUOTE]

"Can't post numbers?" Or, you personally don't like it and will file a grievance just because you don't?

Companies post sales numbers all the time, in fact, nearly every sales division I've ever been in contact with has a "scoreboard" with each sales person's name.

Within UPS, many of the reports regarding managment area performance among the managers have those manager's names.

If these things were legally considered "harassment", how do they go on?