Work Boots for UPS?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
sox 36 dollars for 6 pairs haha and they are :censored2:ty sox last about 3 or 4 months
You only need one pair of UPS socks, just cut the tops off and wear them over your real socks. I wear really thin dress socks unless it's super cold out.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I gave up on the Rockports I have been wearing for years. They are comfortable, but the soles wear out too fast. I have been through about ten pairs the last three years. Their quality has gone down since the company was bought out years ago. I just bought my first pair of Dr. Marten's, supposedly they were designed for the type of work we do.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Which Dr Marten's did you get? I tried them many years ago and didn't like them for work, I seem to remember that they weren't really all that comfortable. They looked pretty cool though.

anonUPS

I'm wearing some old Wolverine Multishox right now and they're great. Steel toe, waterproof, and good support.. they're getting worn and the sole is torn up but a lot of that is probably my fault.

brownedout

Just switched to Magnum Viper 8". Been wearing them for two weeks and they are a joy. Fit like a sneaker and light as a feather. Great to lose those, what felt like 2 lb. a piece, Sorel winter boots, after our long, cold winter in the Northeast!

menotyou

bella amicizia
I'm wearing some old Wolverine Multishox right now and they're great. Steel toe, waterproof, and good support.. they're getting worn and the sole is torn up but a lot of that is probably my fault.
I believe a good cobbler can replace that sole for you.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Which Dr Marten's did you get? I tried them many years ago and didn't like them for work, I seem to remember that they weren't really all that comfortable. They looked pretty cool though.

The box says "Zack 3 eye Gibson". I'm wearing them with some custom made ortho inserts. Today was the first day to work in them, my feet seemed to do alright. The toe part is wider than regular shoes, they look a little strange. My son wears them and swears by them, but my feet have 28 years of more abuse than his does.

tdgolf

Finish Line carries a Nike leather boot. They are around 150 bucks, but they have lasted me a year and the soles are still intact and are still comfortable.

cino321

I think for the drivers; your best bet is to take a ride to your local police shop to try on a variety of boots until you find a pair you are comfortable with. Those places have the best selection of polish-able boots.

fischju

Sorry for the bump, but this seems like the newest thread. I recently applied for a seasonal position, Driver Helper, and the requirements are what's stated by the OP: "Be leather, water proof, oil and slip resistant, contact tested, comfortable..." I'm in Michigan, so most of my work will be in the snow, I was also advised during the group interview that on bad days UPS never stops, but people don't shovel their driveways, so with that in mind I'm looking for longer boots, mid-calf ideally.

The nearest store that sells size 15s is 50 miles away from me, so here are my options:
Men Boots at Zappos.com (please don't mistake this for a shoe site ad)
Boots, size 15, leather, standard and mid-calf, under $200, sorted by lowest price. I'm looking to spend under $150.

Would these be acceptable? Sorel 1964 Pac™ T Brown - Zappos.com Free Shipping BOTH Ways These? Columbia Bugaboot™ Plus Turkish Coffee/Golden Glow - Zappos.com Free Shipping BOTH Ways Or would they have to be shorter like these? Timberland PRO Magnus 6" Soft Toe Distressed Oiled Nubuck Leather - Zappos.com Free Shipping BOTH Ways

It's not hard for me to justify these purchases, I need a pair of snow boots anyway, and I'm hoping to be the best driver helper they've ever seen. Any advice would be appreciated.

klein

Für Meno :)
If they last a very long time, just make sure you can attach an ankle bracelet to them (comming soon in the 2013 contract) ;)