Work Boots for UPS?

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
I'll be inside, loading and/or unloading. As I understand it, that requires some running to and from the end and front of the feeder trailers to reach the rollers or belt (if its one of those old jacked up sets that starts in the middle of the trailer rather than being adjustable as the volume depletes or whatever). I'm looking at 10,000+ packages a shift of 3-4 trailers by myself, and with Management expecting us to clear 1 package in 5 seconds, so I definitely need a good pair of work boots (as I already stated, management down here is VERY strict about footwear and WILL NOT allow us to work if we show up in anything that is not leather, slip and oil resistant, have treads suited for metal contact, stable on the ankles, provides some measure of toe protection (composite toe - but NOT steel toe for obvious reasons) and which are also "water proof" (if a leather shoe ever really could be that).

I have absolutely no idea if they are going to ask any of the PT Handlers to double up as Driver Helpers this Peak (they did this last year) and so I'm best to be preparing for doing this as well (though last year I wore my NB sneakers because my feet just couldn't handle the 300+ stops I was doing every day and night after the first week in cheap Bahma's).

But yeah, I can't run out and buy these mythical work boots until I'm 100% guaranteed the job though (should be early next week), because as I also stated I've got $160 to get me through with for the next four months until Peak if they decide not to hire me for this gig first (which better not happen for all I've done during Peak in '08 and '09 LOL). :hypnosis:

5 keys to prevent slips and falls:

1=Walk @ a BRISK PACE, DON'T RUN.

2=Establish firm footing-maintain your balance.

3=Don't walk on unsecured conveyers, rollers, chuts, or slides.

4=Look before stepping.

5=Make adjustments 2 changing conditions.

LoL, just had 2.

I wear Columbia thermal boots for winter. Awesome soles and very good thermal sweating my feet. $90 @ Footlocker. I don't polish them, but I keep 'em clean and buff 'em down.

Seriously, my feet get pruny from all the sweat traped and they don't let in any moisture nor do they let any out. Last me 2 peaks and all of each winter, very rugged.

Did have 2 replace laces near end of winter though. I keep an extra pair of laces in my backpack for Emergencies.

Backlasher

Off topic. I and many others I've seen out of multiple centers have worn Black thermal shirts under uniform.

Last winter around March my Center manager complained that I'm not to wear Black under the uniform but to wear white or BROWN.

Dude, I see drivers wearing Black thermal hats as well.

So, what gives. I can't remember, is Black not allowed under guidelines???

I just made sure when I was @ building not to let them be noticed cause it was near end of winter and stores stoped selling thermals by then.

Anyone no for sure if Black undergarms are not allowed????

I've seen drivers wearing black ski masks on route but not in building and I wasn't about to point fingers at anyone!!!!!!

All I know is we need to stay warm even if we are sweating from our work the chill catches us all @ times.

Not wearing black under brown is just as retarded as polishing sneakers but I don't wear sneakers.

fischju

Off topic. I and many others I've seen out of multiple centers have worn Black thermal shirts under uniform.

Last winter around March my Center manager complained that I'm not to wear Black under the uniform but to wear white or BROWN.

I just made sure when I was @ building not to let them be noticed cause it was near end of winter and stores stoped selling thermals by then.

I've seen drivers wearing black ski masks on route but not in building and I wasn't about to point fingers at anyone!!!!!!

All I know is we need to stay warm even if we are sweating from our work the chill catches us all @ times.

Not wearing black under brown is just as retarded as polishing sneakers but I don't wear sneakers.

It sounds like you've seen a lot of them, there are a lot of people going for this position and I'd hate to be disqualified because of my choice in boots. Are those Colombia's more like these Columbia Newton Ridge™ 2 Bruno/Squash - Zappos.com Free Shipping BOTH Ways or these? Columbia Bugaboot™ Plus Black/Gunmetal - Zappos.com Free Shipping BOTH Ways (in black or the gold/brown combo)

klein

Für Meno :)
I used to bring an extra sweater along, and if it wasn't brown, who cares ? I needed to stay warm at minus 30 !

menotyou

bella amicizia
Carhartt makes coats and overalls that are duck brown. I have yet to have a manager dare to say anything when I wear these. My coat has my name and position embroidered on it. I don't wear the one for anything else. I have a few carhartts.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
2 years ago I ordered a pair of Chippewa boots. I don't even polish them. Just run under the electric boot brush at work. Best boots-promise

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

We are called in for wearing anything but white or brown. Of course, if it can't been seen then there is no issue. I wear all kinds of colors under my shirt. :happy-very:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Carhartt makes coats and overalls that are duck brown. I have yet to have a manager dare to say anything when I wear these. My coat has my name and position embroidered on it. I don't wear the one for anything else. I have a few carhartts.
​I love Carhartt.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Girl, you just opened up Pandora's box. I've already had several image overload alarms.
Only several? Damn, I'm losing my touch. How about this - Stiletto's and a very black, very short, very low cut, very well fitted sexy dress. That walk (you know the kind).................the one that just begs a man to watch. :winks:

Backlasher

It sounds like you've seen a lot of them, there are a lot of people going for this position and I'd hate to be disqualified because of my choice in boots. Are those Colombia's more like these Columbia Newton Ridge™ 2 Bruno/Squash - Zappos.com Free Shipping BOTH Ways or these? Columbia Bugaboot™ Plus Black/Gunmetal - Zappos.com Free Shipping BOTH Ways (in black or the gold/brown combo)

Just like the Bugaboot, But they are the Omni-Tech version. Omni-Tech version has a greater insulation value.

I can't find the link for the black version but this os a 2 tone, brown upper, black lower.

Columbia Hawk Men's Whitefield Omni-Tech

I hope they still have the Black version this year.

They lasted lasted 2 winters and I'm due for a new pair this season. If not then I might have to downgrde to the other version.

They are cheaper at famous $90.

The other ver. are $80. Better deal and no shipping.