Work cancelled due to snow..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pentel

I asked my boss if we would get paid and he said that ups is closed today...

should we be getting paid for this or not? Is this something i should call the union to clarify?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Also if you don't report to work and clock in. I guess we can use an Option Day for this. My Center apparently just took the phone off the hook and none of my supervisors will answer their cell phones. We have great communications in my Center.

tieguy

Banned
you sure they made it to work? Generally what happens is you have one guy that makes it to work to answer three phones that are ringing at the same time.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
you sure they made it to work? Generally what happens is you have one guy that makes it to work to answer three phones that are ringing at the same time.

I understand that, the Center's phone number has been busy all day. I called six different supervisors and two managers today and not a single one of them answered their cell phones. I drive 27 miles to work, and a lot of them have to drive further at an earlier time, its just as dangerous for them too. My On Car Sup has about 20 drivers under him, I think that he could of at least took a phone call from me. I could only leave a message on his voice mail. Its difficult to call in when they won't answer the phone.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I understand that, the Center's phone number has been busy all day. I called six different supervisors and two managers today and not a single one of them answered their cell phones. I drive 27 miles to work, and a lot of them have to drive further at an earlier time, its just as dangerous for them too. My On Car Sup has about 20 drivers under him, I think that he could of at least took a phone call from me. I could only leave a message on his voice mail. Its difficult to call in when they won't answer the phone.
You get three no call no show/ before you are in trouble. Enjoy!!

UPSGUY72

I asked my boss if we would get paid and he said that ups is closed today...

should we be getting paid for this or not? Is this something i should call the union to clarify?

Are you for real.

Anyways Wed where I'm ain't looking to good right know suppose to get more than an inch an hour starting early Wed Morning.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
only once in 22 yrs 2was I told not to come in!! April 1st 97 2 feet of snow. Storm started on March 31 and it took me 3.5 hrs to get back from my last pick up 5 miles from hub....gottah love the Boston streets !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.