Work cancelled due to snow..

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Pentel, Jan 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pentel

Pentel New Member

I asked my boss if we would get paid and he said that ups is closed today...

should we be getting paid for this or not? Is this something i should call the union to clarify?

2. Big Babooba

Big Babooba Well-Known Member

You won't get paid. It's an act of God

3. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Just enjoy the day.

4. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

Also if you don't report to work and clock in. I guess we can use an Option Day for this. My Center apparently just took the phone off the hook and none of my supervisors will answer their cell phones. We have great communications in my Center.

5. tieguy

tieguy Banned

you sure they made it to work? Generally what happens is you have one guy that makes it to work to answer three phones that are ringing at the same time.

6. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

If they call you before your shift starts you will not get paid unless you use an optional.

7. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

How about Jones and Ovah?

8. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

I understand that, the Center's phone number has been busy all day. I called six different supervisors and two managers today and not a single one of them answered their cell phones. I drive 27 miles to work, and a lot of them have to drive further at an earlier time, its just as dangerous for them too. My On Car Sup has about 20 drivers under him, I think that he could of at least took a phone call from me. I could only leave a message on his voice mail. Its difficult to call in when they won't answer the phone.

9. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

You get three no call no show/ before you are in trouble. Enjoy!!

10. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

Are you for real.

Anyways Wed where I'm ain't looking to good right know suppose to get more than an inch an hour starting early Wed Morning.

11. SWORDFISH

SWORDFISH New Member

UPS cancelling a day because of snow.......... IN YOUR DREAMS

12. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

The last time UPS shut down here was during the Ice Storm of 1998.

13. Covemastah

Covemastah Suspension Ovah !!! Tom is free FU Goodell !!

only once in 22 yrs 2was I told not to come in!! April 1st 97 2 feet of snow. Storm started on March 31 and it took me 3.5 hrs to get back from my last pick up 5 miles from hub....gottah love the Boston streets !!!!

14. whiskey

whiskey New Member

The Blizzard of 78, I guess, was a pretty vivid dream.

15. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

Yes, it was a very vivid wet dream.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.