Work Comp claims.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
My last 4 weeks were 4 hours of PT/5 days a week. It was a combination of work conditioning and shoulder conditioning/PT. I also rode my bicycle to and from PT, plus added another 5-10 miles a day.

By the time I went back to work, I was in better shape than when I started driving.

The one shocking/surprising thing for me was the weight I put on during comp. I was about 200 when I went out, up to 230 when I went back and am now down to 185ish. I was eating healthy and all that, it freaked me out how much I gained. The doc said that as long as I was eating well, the weight would eventually come off and it did.
I know that ALL to well. About 40 lbs worth. :dissapointed:

barnyard

KTM rider
I know that ALL to well. About 40 lbs worth. :dissapointed:

I was really freaking out. I was eating salads for lunch, small portions for supper and oranges or pineapples for dessert. Every time I went to the Dr, I asked what else I needed to do. I was sweating like a pig at PT, keeping my heartrate up on my bike rides and going for afternoon walks with the dogs (those were more like moseys, but whatever.)

She assured me that I was doing everything right, my BP was very low, my heartrate good and I had loads of energy.

If I really pig out on the weekend, I might bounce up to 190, but by Wednesday, I am back to 185.

Still, I was shocked by how much I did and how little I ate and how much I gained. It made no sense.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I was really freaking out. I was eating salads for lunch, small portions for supper and oranges or pineapples for dessert. Every time I went to the Dr, I asked what else I needed to do. I was sweating like a pig at PT, keeping my heartrate up on my bike rides and going for afternoon walks with the dogs (those were more like moseys, but whatever.)

She assured me that I was doing everything right, my BP was very low, my heartrate good and I had loads of energy.

If I really pig out on the weekend, I might bounce up to 190, but by Wednesday, I am back to 185.

Still, I was shocked by how much I did and how little I ate and how much I gained. It made no sense.
We burn tons of calories working. It's not easy to make that up when we aren't working.

Johney

Not looking forward to going back just because the rest of me is out of shape. LOL

That is a major problem coming off of comp from a long term injury. I don't care how much PT they give you or even a work hardening program,you gain weight and are not ready for what we do anymore. Industrial Athlete I think is the new term. Funny because I heard that term used for the guys who work on the windmills out in the Midwest(I think).
Good luck Dilli,you are going to need it.

menotyou

bella amicizia
If I was doing work hardening, I wouldn't be going back, yet. But, the Liberty tried to pull a fast one and have me do my own work hardening. Could I have done it? Yes. Would I have done it? Not on your life. There is no way in hell anyone is going to put that liability on me. Who signs off when I am done? Who says I am ready? Who approves the higher weights?
My dr said no way, also. As did the Liberty dr, and the UPS dr. Huh. Tell me Liberty wasn't trying to pull a fast one if the company dr says no way.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

I'm going back to work on Monday....................................... kinda.

I'm cleared for work but I found out that I have to go in for a new DOT physical. Just did one 2 weeks ago but that doesn't count. So Monday at 8:15 I have to be at Urgent Care, do my physical and then I get to go over to MVD to turn in a copy of the new physical so the state and UPS are all on the same page. I should make it over to the building my 10:30 or 11:00 to do all the annual paperwork that I am behind on. Monday should be fairly boring.
:rofl:

barnyard

KTM rider
I hope it goes well for you.

I have to say, it is amazing how much easier the job is with shoulders that do not hurt. I am not as crabby and let petty irritations roll off my back.

It bums me out that I waited so long to go to the Doctor.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
JFC! I feel like I've been hit by a freight train. It took 2 whole days before everything was back to normal. Normal being, 131 stops/150 miles/12 hr days. The thing that pissed me off the most about yesterday was my DM calling me in the morning and asking how I was doing and how my shoulder was and the he had the balls to say, "take it easy, we don't want you to hurt yourself". He feigned this - Oh I care crap. LIAR LIAR. :angry: