Work Ethic of New Drivers

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Never been in prison but did spend a night in a Daytona, FL jail cell. Arrested for Inciting to Riot on one of my many spring breaks as a college student.
Yeah I guess I meant county jail. Although my uncle was warden at a prison that housed a few serial killers. Walked around in there a few times. No thank you.

Bottom rung

The work ethic of our young drivers is fine, the work ethic of our senior drivers is the problem they call in sick when the missing train arrives, when it snows and, when its cold.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Maybe to make ends meet, maybe to try and get ahead of the game. But I place more respect on parents that find a quality day care provider for they're kids than the ones who essentially leave them to they're own devices. I bet the ratio of daycare/ non-daycare is reflected equally by the ratio of non-delinquent/delinquent as the child gets older. There's something healthy in having responsible adult, non-parent, figures being role models. Our ancient ancestors did it tribally.

I dont envy anyone trying to find quality child care. In todays world. I was lucky, they were called grandparents, and a certified church day care. Mine thrived, and learned to respect adults, authority, and the rewards of doing so. I also had some really bad ones. As soon as mine were responsible at ages 9 and 5, I let them prove their maturity, too soon, yes. But it worked out for us. I got a better job, they got nicer stuff. It went hand in hand. Not many 9 and 5 yr olds today could handle what they did.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I think they call you a different name!
slow-pedestrian-ahead_6510.jpg

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
This has been an ongoing debate ever since I started driving 27 years ago. The older drivers would always complain about the young swing drivers not being as service oriented as they were, always burning up routes, and always taking short cuts. Since I got my route 19 years ago I have found that some swing drivers do a great job while others not so much. It's all in the individual.

BrownDooDoo

Maybe the young guys just realize how much bull:censored2: there is in the corporate world and we arent gonna bend over as easily any more. They still forcefully bend us over and rape us but we dont take it willingly and pride ourselves about it anymore.