Work History

Gory

I found out I have some money left in my 401k from when I worked at UPS and am trying to get it. But the application I'm filling out is asking for "Date Last Worked in Covered Employment" and "Date of Termination With Last Covered Employer" (which seem like they would be the same date). It's been years since I worked there and I no longer have this info. When I've called UPS I was re directed to the UPSCareers site, which I could not find any links of help, and a 1800 # that employers call to verify someone's employment. This sounded like what I needed, but upon calling I found out that this is a subscription based service that employers pay to use so I was unable to talk to anyone.
Does anyone know where I can find out the information I need?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How did you find out that you still have money in your 401k? Did you receive a letter from State Street? If so, there should be contact information in that letter. The 401k has recently changed hands from State Street to ING but the contact number has stayed the same 1-800-537-0189.

I hope this information has been helpful to you.

Gory

I got a letter from Pacific Coast Benefit Trust. And I'm filling out the Application For Retirement/Termination Benefit. They open at 8am Pacific and I plan on giving them a call then, but I don't think they'll have the info I need.

Gory

I worked at the Anaheim, CA building, but now I live in Fargo, ND. Would the HR at this building be any help you think?

Gory

I finally got a hold of Pacific Coast Benefits Trust and was told to just get as close as possible and when they verify the information on their end they will correct it for me. Thanks to everyone who posted, I really appreciated the response.