Work hours

I would like to know how UPS can continue to say that we are the best package delivery company, when FEDEX starts 3-4 hours earlier than we do and I never see a package car for FEDEX out after 5-6, yet we deliver packages until almost 11 pm sometimes. If they can figure it out, why cant we. Are we not a logistics company? They preach family, safety and staying healthy, yet the hours they make us work is far from it. Delivering after dark and until 11 pm is very unsafe. Most of us have school age children, we go to work well after they are in school and do not get home until after they are in bed, so much for family. Also not getting to have our supper until right before we go to bed because we have to work so late is very unhealthy. Do not get me wrong, I love my job and what I do, its just the hours that suck

laffter

Just because some person or entity says something doesn't make it true. They also say that safety is important.

smart girl

For me after 30 yrs I do not need or want hours over 9.5. We have family obligations and our limbs were not made to over extend themselves in this way for many hours. Safety wake up

MAKAVELI

I would like to know how UPS can continue to say that we are the best package delivery company, when FEDEX starts 3-4 hours earlier than we do and I never see a package car for FEDEX out after 5-6, yet we deliver packages until almost 11 pm sometimes. If they can figure it out, why cant we. Are we not a logistics company? They preach family, safety and staying healthy, yet the hours they make us work is far from it. Delivering after dark and until 11 pm is very unsafe. Most of us have school age children, we go to work well after they are in school and do not get home until after they are in bed, so much for family. Also not getting to have our supper until right before we go to bed because we have to work so late is very unhealthy. Do not get me wrong, I love my job and what I do, its just the hours that suck
What you have to ask yourself is, are you willing to give up half your pay and benefits to be home by 6? There is a tradeoff no matter what uniform you wear.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Exaggerate much?

So they start at 5-6 am?

And u work 14 plus hours everyday?

Not likely!!!!!

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
A) get on the 9.5 list
B) pack an extra snack in case you work late
c) understand the company dosent care at ALL about you,your family,or anything else concerning your personal life
D) cash those big checks on Friday!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
get yourself a combo job ; take the cut in pay , work only 40 hrs and enjoy
all the extra down time .
It's a nice way to slide into retirement .

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I agree about the hours sucking, but i think we can all agree once you start making that money, boom they gotcha. Kinda like when a woman gives up that muffin, boom they gotcha lol.

yes they start at 530 I asked the driver here. I dont work fourteen hour days, I start at ten and have to take an hour lunch, so a 12 hour day for me is 11pm and yes I have a lot of them

S

serenity now

excuse me; been here 30 years and never heard ups even mention family

in the eyes of ups, you represent 1 work unit * if you don't understand that or can't accept it, get ready for one long miserable ride