work load?

Dr.Brownz

Naw don't suck, I am a hard worker always have been always will be, but i want to be paid for what i do. My time is not free. Also i work at a smaller sort, like i said the most trailers we have had to unload is 5, and 2 where less than 50% and 1 long 100% 2 shorts at 90-100%. Ive came to terms with not getting the hours i want or being a drivers assistant after loading, but now im to the point where if they don't care if i make money, i don't care if they have to hire more people to disperse the workload.

Slow down. Dont kill yourself working at an insane pace. When the packages pile up tell your sup you need some help.

All the drivers hired after me seem to be infected with some virus (read: integrad) that makes them rush through all their work both during sort and out on road. And they all bitch when they get sent back out after running like idiots all day.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
i do see your point, but the fact of the matter is some days im working 7 trucks, some only 3 and throwing 4 trucks worth on the rollers, each one with 200-300 packages easy different sizes. my main 3 trucks today none where under 300 packages along with the usual 4 trucks i throw which on the lowest mark would be 1700 packages im responsible for on the lowest. One of the least experienced in the building seem to know what im doing better than most....

Some people load five trucks some load 3 trucks. Ups has all these reports, time sheets, load charts blah blah blah. However the truth of the matter is two fold. Ups puts more work on good workers. Only reason being that the good worker can do it. Supervisors will tell you it is based on blah blah blah. Like this week for example I got a car that has 450 pieces in it everyday from the other module. Reason being the guy doing it was having 8 missloads a day and getting out after 930. Not to mention he don't know how to load a truck. Furthermore most of the supervisors just tell you what the numbers say or what uppper mangement wants them to say. They don't really care.