Work Related Injury

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
the fact that you automatically construed it to mean a religious education

Fact as in how? Yes I mentioned the education after I addressed the Parochial views. But not as the only source.

But the problem I have with both you and Susie's post is that you seem content to attack the poster, rather than offer constructive alternatives to the actual post. That is the reason I put Susie on the ignore list.

If you have views that differ from mine, post away. Hell, who knows, you may be right. But the constant attempt to belittle others to give yourself stature is beneath most posters. But not all.

As to the work related injury, if you tell the teamsters insurance that it was an on the job injury, and they agree to pay for it, good for you. In many areas, including ours, they will not. And rightly so. If you have an injury that is workers comp, or even not workers comp but it happened on company property, then why should teamsters even get involved. It is open and shut a Liberty Mutual liability. So why get others involved in the problem. And if liberty does not pay for the claim, then UPS should.

One interesting twist. We had a driver that punched out and went home. After an hour or so, he realized he had left his billfold in the truck. He goes back to the center, hops across the moving belt and gets his billfold. He then hops across the belt again, but this time catches his foot on the grating and ends up on the concrete floor where he smashes his kneecap. How is this workers comp?

d

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
dannyboy said:
Fact as in how? Yes I mentioned the education after I addressed the Parochial views. But not as the only source.

But the problem I have with both you and Susie's post is that you seem content to attack the poster, rather than offer constructive alternatives to the actual post. That is the reason I put Susie on the ignore list.
I'm not sure why you think my post was a personal attack. I genuinely believed, from what you posted, that you didn't realize that parochial has a different connotation. You stated that if your view was "parochial", then Susie must be posting from the "dark side", implying a religious context (good vs evil)which I don't think was what Susie intended.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 96843" vAlign=top><TD class=alt2>(good vs evil)which I don't think was what Susie intended.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=thead colSpan=2></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Actually therein lies the problem. Any view other than hers is evil. And anyone that has another view contrary to hers is someone to hate.

IMNSHO, people with differing views have that right. And if I have a discussion with them about the views and they still maintain their view, that is OK. No problem. No hatred. They have that right. No matter how wrong or right the view.

By her posts, anyone with differing views is either someone to belittle or hate. And people like that I dont care to have any dealings with.

As far as parochial views, Yeppers, I believe there is a God. And I believe that He is in control.

I dont have a problem with people that dont. That is their God given freedom. And what they do with that freedom is none of my business, unless it curtails my freedoms.

But this is off the subject, and is one more suited for the off work section of the board.:thumbup1:

d

wkmac

Jones,
This is an FYI and not in any meant to disrespect you or anyone else. There is a long and bad history here between Susie, Dboy, tieguy, moreluck and I'm sure a few others I've left off. I've even had my run ins with her but at least from my end I've come to respect that we'll agree to diagree in some areas.

Who started all of this? You know I really couldn't tell you that to be honest (I've no doubt the above mentioned characters could :lol: ) but I can say there's more than enough fault to go around with everyone including myself. Yeah, I probably even had some fault here in the early stages but I just decided it was best to move on and other than my humorous moments to try and tickle tieguy's funnybone or aggravate him with it, I've decided to leave this one alone. I accuse Tie and Susie of really being lovers from time to time. Poor taste I'm sure from Tie and Suise's perspective but I freely admit to being a very sick bast#rd! :tongue_sm

You might take some time and go back and read many of the more political posts in the current events forum to better understand the whole history of this. Unless you enjoy being in the middle, I'd just stay out of it as nothing you say will change a thing. But nice try anyway!

c ya!

susiedriver

mac,

Right you are about the bad blood. As you well know my biggest complaint isn't that they have differing views, it's that they claim to be the end source for all info. dBoy is the worst offender. This thread is the perfect example.

dBoy assumes that all UPS hourly health insurance is the same. What hold water in the hills of TN leaks like a sieve in the Midwest, and a lot of other places too!

Now I don't claim to be an expert, but it would seem to me that your health insurance would cover ANY injury you had. The question is, at what rate is the injury covered. Were I was from (note proper tense, I'm no longer employed, kinda like dBoy, only up front about it) comp would pay 100% of an on the job injury. If the injury was in dispute, my regular UPS insurance would cover at a rate of 70/30, just like any other doctor visit. If the injury was eventually decided to be on the job by Liberty Mutual, my UPS insurance would be reimbursed, as would I.

The anon poster, Not to Interrupt, had it right on all fronts.

Get the best lawyer you can, it'll be worth it.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Susie

Our insurance here in the backward hills of Tennessee covers all but a $20 copay for the doctor. So I would guess that our insurance, that you so rapidly threw off on, is better than yours?:lol:

The bottom line point that 9.5 was trying to make, before you yielded to the temptation, is that unless you are dishonest with the teamsters insurance, they will not entertain paying a workers comp claim. That is not their job.

But now of course, if they are willing to do so in your area, God blessem!

Have a great weekend!

d

susiedriver

dannyboy said:
Susie

Our insurance here in the backward hills of Tennessee covers all but a $20 copay for the doctor. So I would guess that our insurance, that you so rapidly threw off on, is better than yours?:lol:

The bottom line point that 9.5 was trying to make, before you yielded to the temptation, is that unless you are dishonest with the teamsters insurance, they will not entertain paying a workers comp claim. That is not their job.

But now of course, if they are willing to do so in your area, God blessem!

Have a great weekend!

d

Well dBoy, if your insurance covers all but $20 of any doctor you want to see, you have my old plan beat. Of course, I did contest a comp claim, and my insurance paid 70% of everything.

You see, UPS contests almost every comp claim. Sometimes they win, usually they lose.

You are sorely mistaken about Teamster insurance, as well. The Teamsters did not supply my insurance, the company did.

The point being, what goes on in your parochial world does not necessarily have a bearing on the reality of most of us.

Try not to blow yourself up this weekend.

Susie, the ex-driver

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
<TABLE class=tborder id=post96963 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_96963>You are sorely mistaken about Teamster insurance, as well. The Teamsters did not supply my insurance, the company did.

Susie, the ex-driver
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

So if you have company insurance, that makes you either a part timer, or management. But yet you sign off as an ex-driver? So which is it?

Now if you really want to split hairs, teamsters supply the insurance, but the company pays the premiums. I think that is what you attempted to say by your post?

Thank you by the way for your concern, it is really touching!

Best!

d

W

What?

dannyboy said:
So if you have company insurance, that makes you either a part timer, or management. But yet you sign off as an ex-driver? So which is it?

Now if you really want to split hairs, teamsters supply the insurance, but the company pays the premiums. I think that is what you attempted to say by your post?

Best!

d
Danny,
I beleive there are a couple of isolated locals around the country who have their insurance and pension taken care of by UPS and not the Teamsters. I'm not positive but I think Chicago has one and New Jersey.

susiedriver

dannyboy said:

Best!

d
dBoy,

Does your parochialism not allow you to entertain the fact that UPS has differing insurance plans for full time Teamsters in other parts of the country? My insurance was administered by Aetna, paid by UPS. We did not have 'Teamster' insurance. Have you been taking reading comprehension lessons from Tiegay?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
IF you want to get into semantics, then I have Blue cross blue shield of Tennessee. But call them and see who they tell you to call if you have a question.

Teamsters are not in the insurance biz, for the most part, they contract that mess out to other companies that focus on insurance. They are just the middleman. That is why for the last 5 or 6 years, we have switched carriers several times, trying to shop for the best coverage available for the money that UPS is contributing.

So in our area, teamsters handle and file the claim, Blue cross pays the claim, but the check comes from the teamsters.

I can see where your comprehension problems lie. Its not that you cant, its that you intend not to.

Anything you can do to distract from the message or get into a distraction with a poster you do not like, and play games with semantics. That is my Susie driver.

As I said, your derailing of the subject and thread I am sure is appreciated.

d

susiedriver

dBoy,

Where I am from, UPS handles everything. The Teamsters are not involved in any way. You see, it differs from area to area. Your experience is yours alone, and not applicable to everyone else.

wkmac

dannyboy said:
but the company pays the premiums.

WRONG!
WRONG!
WRONG!

You pay the premiums as a result of your labor performing the job. Stop doing the labor and so will the premium payments. Your labor is the mechanism that causes the premiums to be paid. Even in the annual statement UPS sends out entitled, "Your "fill in the year" Total Compansation Package" the company goes over all elements that are considered a part of your compensation for your labor. Although the statements aren't as in depth as they once were, they still touch on all aspects of it. Even the federal law required matching Social Security is considered apart of your compensation as in the end who will benefit from that money being placed in SS? You will.

It's your money so stop treating it like it belongs to UPS or the Union!

JMO.

Oh and continue the love fest! See what I mean Jonesy!
LOL!!!!! This is really internet sex to these guys. Maybe we could get Tie in here and like sick perverts, watch a 3some!
:P

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
MAc. if you really wanted to split hairs, its the customer that pays everything for us. Without them shipping something for us to deliver, all your hard work during the week would not pay one thin dime.

JMO2

d

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Susie

Leme see if I have this correct. For an on the job injury that you pay for, UPS pays 70 and you pay 30. Now if UPS decides that they will pay for it all, then they pay themselves back the 70 and send you a check for 30?

And if this setup is the way it is for most of the USA, then what was the biggie on the last contract that we went on strike? I thought they were trying to get both our health and retirement. If they have it already.........

I guess the answer would be
You see, it differs from area to area. Your experience is yours alone, and not applicable to everyone else.

So out of your own mouth, how was I always wrong as you so excitedly pointed out?

d

tieguy

Banned
susiedriver said:
Have you been taking reading comprehension lessons from Tiegay?

Whew had a terrible nightmare. Dreamed the our liberal {deleted by moderator} susie was back posting under her ID. But a quick phone call to the DNC confirmed that susie was still slaving away under Kerrys desk. :lol:

wkmac

tieguy said:
Whew had a terrible nightmare. Dreamed the our liberal **** susie was back posting under her ID. But a quick phone call to the DNC confirmed that susie was still slaving away under Kerrys desk. :lol:

ROTFFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!