Work Shoes or Boots?

Hi, everyone:

I've searched the site for recommendations on good work shoes and boots, but which is better?

Are boots safer? Like if I drop a box or something on my foot? Is it worth the extra bulk over shoes?

At my interview I was told that I needed work shoes, definitely not sneakers, and some other restrictions that I've admittedly already forgotten.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Hi, everyone:

I've searched the site for recommendations on good work shoes and boots, but which is better?

Are boots safer? Like if I drop a box or something on my foot? Is it worth the extra bulk over shoes?

At my interview I was told that I needed work shoes, definitely not sneakers, and some other restrictions that I've admittedly already forgotten.

You need to wear sturdy work shoes and should avoid wearing loose clothing.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Hi, everyone:

Which ever, it doesn't matter. Just as long as they are hard leather. After you been there a while just buy some all black nikes and don't worry about it anymore.

Box Ox

Don't go with full boots. Too heavy over thousands of steps daily and hot during the summer months. But definitely go with a steel or composite toe work shoe. Won't have to worry about your feet when you're pulling heavy stuff off the belt or moving bulk around. Also good for if you're trying to work inside and drive.

Three specific examples:

Carolina LT151 (a little heavier but holds up well):

http://www.carolinashoe.com/Product?stockNo=LT151

New Balance 627 (lighter but not as durable in the toe):

http://www.newbalance.com/pd/steel-toe-627/MID627.html#color=Black

Worx by Red Wing 6550

http://workmensclothing.com/index.php?p=product&id=194

J

jibbs

Steel-toed, comfortable boots. Can grab a decent pair for anywhere from $40-$70, can grab :censored2:tier pairs for cheaper and better pairs for more.

They're not mandatory, though. If you're strapped for cash and only have work shoes on hand, wear those :censored2:ers.

But you should really invest in a comfy pair of steel-toes. If you work inside (which is what this post is referring to) they'll probably save your feet on multiple occasions.

Don't wear sneakers or athletic shoes. It's not a guarantee but there's a chance you'll be sent home.

J

jibbs

most of the guys i see just wear mesh football jerseys tucked into their docker shorts.

I wear a wife beater cut at the midsection and some pretty legit frayed jean shorts. knee high socks more often than not. I like the little stripes.

You could do that too if you want.

Occasionally I'm known to rock a ballin' ass retro handband.

J

jibbs

Wear a sleaveless crop top.

No, no, no, a sleaveless shirt is just a regular shirt, man. I think you mean "sleeveless," right?

You sleave a shirt then you pretty much just Hulk Hogan'd that bitch.

IW8simF.gif