work shoes

Iggyiam

i wonder why no one has yet suggested tennis shoes or wearing what ever i want:surprised: seems like everyone that works suggests a leather none slip shoe.that was support for this line of work.

upsgrunt

i wonder why no one has yet suggested tennis shoes or wearing what ever i want:surprised: seems like everyone that works suggests a leather none slip shoe.that was support for this line of work.

I wonder how you know so much about a job that you have NOT done or WILL NOT start for 2 weeks.:surprised:

Iggyiam

I wonder how you know so much about a job that you have NOT done or WILL NOT start for 2 weeks.:surprised:

reaaaaddddiiing plus working in other fields that require you to be on your feet a long time. lets see
resturant === you want none slip shoes
auto detail=== you want something thats durable and will support you ankles
construction === want something thats durable and will protect you foot from something falling on it

add all 3 together and u get ups eviroment you are on you feet there are heavy boxes floors can be slippery and you want support now what cane give you all of that? not a sneaker or a tennis shoe that i know of.

upsgrunt

One of the first things you will find out at UPS is that you will learn a lot more from the people who do the work than the tour guides. UPS is a whole different animal than what you have done in the past, and you cannot compare washing dishes to preloading. I've done this 22 years and you haven't even done it 22 seconds, so don't come on here and try to be mr. bigshot know it all and give advice for something you have NEVER done. Am I telling you to wear tennis shoes? NO- I said to do what works for you and if you want to wear platinum coated combat boots and mittens then go for it but don't become an expert just because you stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

satellitedriver

reaaaaddddiiing plus working in other fields that require you to be on your feet a long time. lets see
resturant === you want none slip shoes
auto detail=== you want something thats durable and will support you ankles
construction === want something thats durable and will protect you foot from something falling on it

add all 3 together and u get ups eviroment you are on you feet there are heavy boxes floors can be slippery and you want support now what cane give you all of that? not a sneaker or a tennis shoe that i know of.
Not even close.
Washing dishes, washing cars and pushing a wheel barrow.
Just being able to stay on your feet, in slippery conditions, does not define the environment a Upser has to deal with, daily.
Reaaaaddddiiing about a subject, is far different, than actually being actively involved in the subject.
Buy some good shoes, because you will need them, when you walk away from UPS.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I have owrn tennis/running shoes. Though it is not recommended it is what I choose to wear. I talk to my center manager almost everyday and he has yet to saya word to me on my curretn choice of running shoe. They are starting to hurt though and I cannot wait to get the previously mentioned shoes that I purchased.

This is what I am currently wearing, so be your own judge:

601b_1.JPG

Iggyiam

I have owrn tennis/running shoes. Though it is not recommended it is what I choose to wear. I talk to my center manager almost everyday and he has yet to saya word to me on my curretn choice of running shoe. They are starting to hurt though and I cannot wait to get the previously mentioned shoes that I purchased.

This is what I am currently wearing, so be your own judge:

601b_1.JPG

lol so get work shoes instead of running shoes will do

Cementups

Box Monkey
Be your own judge. the only reason they are starting to hurt is because they are 3 months old and that is how long I typically get out of a pair of shoes.

What ever you buy, save you receipts and write them off at the end of the year.

jchimienti

Be your own judge. the only reason they are starting to hurt is because they are 3 months old and that is how long I typically get out of a pair of shoes.

What ever you buy, save you receipts and write them off at the end of the year.

you go through shoes really fast.

jchimienti

which ones? i have used them before my soles had holes in em by the time i was done with em

I dont really know i looked at them and thats all they say is work on them. But i have had them for a while i use em at least 6 days a week and they have held up really good so far