Work shoes

OptimusPrime

Don't get too hung up on it. So long as it's "athletic" and the majority is black,(the only brown I wear is the uniform, maybe it's my fashion sense, but all accouterments are strictly black.) Under Armour Base 4.0 black. Socks black. Hoodie worn underneath jacket over work shirt black. Brimmed winter cap, black. And so it goes......the ashes of the wake.

iruhnman630

New Balance...I have had excellent NB running shoes, but the NB work shoes came apart after 2 weeks.

For warm weather I am currently rocking a pair of Keen Utility shoes...very comfortable but I did need to glue the toe cover back on after just 7 weeks. Boo. So next spring it will be on to the next audition.

Winter is here, so I'm breaking in my 2nd pair of Bates GX-8 insulated swat boots. Waterproof, insulated, slip-proof, super lightweight for a full boot, and they shine up nicely if necessary.

U

uber

New Balance...I have had excellent NB running shoes, but the NB work shoes came apart after 2 weeks.

For warm weather I am currently rocking a pair of Keen Utility shoes...very comfortable but I did need to glue the toe cover back on after just 7 weeks. Boo. So next spring it will be on to the next audition.

Winter is here, so I'm breaking in my 2nd pair of Bates GX-8 insulated swat boots. Waterproof, insulated, slip-proof, super lightweight for a full boot, and they shine up nicely if necessary.

Pick up your feet when you walk and your shoes will last a longer.

iruhnman630

Pick up your feet when you walk and your shoes will last a longer.

ummmmmmmmmmmmmm, ok.

The NB shoes were defective...my shoe store replaced them but the replacements are sitting in my closet unworn, since I discovered the Keens.

I do wear out shoes somewhat quick...If I get a season and a half out of a pair I'm doing good.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

I love my Keens and wear them all the time.
Occasionally I forget and wear them into the office ... until someone notices.
I imagine once I retire, I will be wearing Keens all the time unless I am shooting a wedding or some other formal event.

U

uber

I like Keen's. But, I wear shorts 99% of the year and I don't want something that looks dorky with shorts.

barnyard

KTM rider
I just bought a pair of Rocky Portlands to replace the pair of Danners that just died. They are not as substantial as the Danners, but they were $144 shipped. Pretty darn cheap for a resoleable, 600 gram thinsulate, work boot.

iruhnman630

since you are looking at the Keens.

Very comfortable, but the verdict is still out on the durability. They definitely meet uniform requirements.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I love my Monarchs. The squeak can be fixed by pulling out the insole, and pouring a little water in the bottoms. look for the air bubble when you squeeze the water out, and apply a little superglue there. Fixes it every time for me.

The most important thing for me when it comes to work shoes is slip resistant soles, followed closely by comfort. Even a little dew on the grass can be tracked into the truck and will turn that metal floor into a skating rink. Currently, I am wearing Nunn and Bush Strolls. They have slip resistant soles and are unbelievably comfortable.

OptimusPrime

Whatever is 95% black and on sale at Kohl's. Recently picked up some Nike Reax Run 7's.

shoes_ia31233.jpg
shoes_ia31233.jpg