workcomp injury turning into 22.3 job?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by browndriverguy2015, Nov 10, 2015.

1. browndriverguy2015

browndriverguy2015 New Member

Ok guys, I have a question:

I was hurt in the job a few months ago. I had surgery, but I do not think that it worked and the workcomp doc can't tell his ass from his face.

If me knee stays like this then I'm pretty sure I will be unable to return to a driver position and will have a legitimate ADA dissability. I looked over our current union book and in artical 14 it tells me ups can offer a part time job, but in section 3.1 of artical 14 it says that I can receive a 22.3 job.

What do I do if I cannot return to driving and how can I guarantee a 22 job?

2. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Guest

From what I read it said they can give you a part time job and that you would be able to bid on a full time inside one if one became available.

3. browndriverguy2015

Someone told me that and that's probably the case, but what do you know why it states that ADA can receive a 22 or 37 job?

What is a 37 job?

4. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

And we can count on them to swiftly obey all contract language and state/local laws regarding this matter.................oh wait.........NOT!

5. browndriverguy2015

Ha, I figured that out years ago!!

6. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

If you can not perform your driver duties how do you expect to perform two PT jobs for 8 hours a day? You will be dead within a week.

7. browndriverguy2015

I know there are some positions that just back up trailers then either sort smalls or run air for 2 hours. I'm pretty sure I can do that.

Is a reasonable request for ADA to walk at a slower pace than a "brisk walk"

8. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

I don't think UPS would want to open that can of worms. In my building there has been a few beat up drivers that managed to land a car wash or porter or easy 22.3 job, but only because of seniority. Then they never leave. Average age is 60+ and 40 years seniority and still counting.

9. browndriverguy2015

So do you guys I'm kinda screwed? I only have a few years of driving.

10. salt

salt New Member

talk to a shop steward please... or even call you're BA, don't get screwed out of a job.

11. browndriverguy2015

12. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Guest

Depends on how the relationship is between your local and UPS management. The work is there if they want to create it, but nothing specifies they have to create the job for you. But you can bid on it

13. browndriverguy2015

As far as I know it is pretty good. The union will seldomly put a foot up their ass but I have seen them do it.

14. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Guest

How is your relationship with them?

15. browndriverguy2015

With the union it is very good.

With my direct driver sup it's the same

With the center manger it was great until I broke my knee on a step that came out from under me. Now I kinda get the cold shoulder.

16. Whatusay

Whatusay Member

What state is this in?

17. browndriverguy2015

18. clean hairy

clean hairy Well-Known Member

Some Hubs have several Handicap parking spots, and make accommodations for new hires with physical limitations.
    Why can they not do the same for existing employees who develop a physical limitation?

19. browndriverguy2015

Probably because it would become a liability to keep me. Im going to the company doc next week, so I'll let you guys know what's going on.

20. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Guest

Good luck to you