Worked 5 minutes.. Sent home! Denied work 100%

HazMatMan

HazMat, Santana looked really good in his debut. It's too bad for you Mets fans he can't pitch all 162 games. See you in October--Red Sox/Mets rematch, different result.
Maine took a hit today but should recover. Have you forgotten about Oliver Perez?? Yeah see you in October with different results than 86. This time it won't take us 7 games with dramatics to beat you but only 4 with a broom,lol. Yanks looked good against the Rays today, hehe.:happy-very:

upsset

I would file two grievences here;
1. You reported for work you are entitled to report pay or your guaranteed hours. Arriving a few minutes late does not void your guarantee.
2. Supervisors are not allowed to do bargianing unit work period. So file a supervisor working grievience.

tieguy

Banned
If they had me pull bags out of a trailer and and there where still pkgs in the trailer, isnt that work for me to do? Also is it "legal" to send ANY employee home without a diciplinary reason?? Just because I was late I dont think thats sufficiant enough... but I'm prob. wrong.

If you're late you lose your guarantee. Lesson to be learned. When I was hired I worried about being fired for being late. Plan accordingly . allow extra time to get there.

stringerman85

They have been really strict with attendance this whole year..Writing people up all the time....Is this happening everywhere? In the past years employees could go months and months with being late and absent before getting a verbal warning...Now it's after just a few times.....All I can say is show up on time and come into work.....And I always thought if you clock in late they can send you home whenever they want, Your 3.5 hr and seniority does not apply if you are late....

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

One of the first things that I was told during my orientation many years ago was that I was to be ready to work at my start time, which meant that I had to get there a few minutes earlier to gather what I needed for that day.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Upset, how do you figure you are guaranteed your hours when you are late? what part of the contract book do you see that language in?

Also, if you are sent home because you are late etc etc, you no longer are entitled to the sup working pay. Others on your sort can, but not you. You are not, or were not available to work because of your tardiness.

Get a grip of reality. the contract book is a set of rules that you just cant bend to fit your situation.

If you are late, it shows a problem. Deal with the problem on your level, dont blame others or try to make something out of it that it is not. Its YOUR problem. Grow up and deal with it. You agreed that to be hired, you would be to work on time each and every day. So technically, you are in breach of contract.

d

Ptrunner

One of the first things that I was told during my orientation many years ago was that I was to be ready to work at my start time, which meant that I had to get there a few minutes earlier to gather what I needed for that day.

This is the training that UPS wishes that all employees do. Work for free. All setup work is work that you should get paid for. I start working when I am on the clock. If everyone would follow this principle, and unite on it, then we wouldn't start so late. And also people allowing supervisors to do set up work is another reason why UPS has the chance to shove it down our throats.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Stewie

I dont think that preparing the work area was what NY meant. He's talking about getting your personal crap together. Like the guy that runs in right at start time, then has to take a crap for the next 20 minutes while everyone else is already working. Then stops by to get something to eat and drink out of the vending machine before he ever shows up in the work area.

d