Worked Holiday

GRIMLOCK

so i worked Labor day and was not at my 30 days yet. Didnt reach 30 days until Sept 12. So is it regular pay? If so, how long before you get time and half etc? Not seeing anything in the contract.
This is completely different than how my hubs work/union operates. As soon as he hired in 19yrs ago working any holidays that they were scheduled off was double time etc.
If its just straight time and say i dont work the next scheduled holiday off, will i b paid for the day anyways? Dont really see the point in working holidays if u dont at least get time and half on those days.

Also one other thing, how long does it usually take to get a check for working a sunday? It wasn't on the sheet for that week when i checked my hours. Told my sup, said he would look into and fix my time for the week. Paycheck came but never got paid for it. So went to my main sup and he said he would take care of it. Not heard anything and its not on this weeks check either.

Last edited:

Turdferguson

Just a turd
so i worked Labor day and was not at my 30 days yet. Didnt reach 30 days until Sept 12. So is it regular pay? If so, how long before you get time and half etc? Not seeing anything in the contract.
This is completely different than how my hubs work/union operates. As soon as he hired in 19yrs ago working any holidays that they were scheduled off was double time etc.
If its just straight time and say i dont work the next scheduled holiday off, will i b paid for the day anyways? Dont really see the point in working holidays if u dont at least get time and half on those days.

Also one other thing, how long does it usually take to get a check for working a sunday? It wasn't on the sheet for that week when i checked my hours. Told my sup, said he would look into and fix my time for the week. Paycheck came but never got paid for it. So went to my main sup and he said he would take care of it. Not heard anything and its not on this weeks check either.
Talk to your union steward. He will have all the answers you seek. If they have shorted you days and don't fix in a timely manner they owe you penalty pay.
"Other
shortages involving more than forty ($40.00) dollars for full-time
employees, and twenty ($20.00) dollars for part-time employees, will
be corrected and the payment will be made available to the employ-
ee at his/her reporting location on his/her second scheduled workday
after reporting the shortage. If the Employer fails to make the pay-
ment available on the employee’s second scheduled workday and the
shortage was the result of the Employer’s error, the employee will be
paid an additional amount equal to one-half (1/2) of his/her daily
guarantee at his/her regular hourly rate for every full pay period in
which the shortage is not paid after the second (2nd) scheduled work
day, until corrected"

By The Book

Your contract spells out the pay rate if you work on an observed holiday, period. You won't get holiday pay for 1 year on all other holidays that you don't work from your hire date to your 1 year anniversary. Always write down on a small pocket calendar or some other device the dates and hours you work for your reference.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
@GRIMLOCK , you can thank the incumbent Teamster national officers for no holiday pay for the first year. They gave that away in 2007. They are up for re-election next month. Spread the word among your coworkers.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
@GRIMLOCK , you can thank the incumbent Teamster national officers for no holiday pay for the first year. They gave that away in 2007. They are up for re-election next month. Spread the word among your coworkers.
If we get more, then who cares about newbies?