Worked to death? Happens quite often. And then there's the injuries.

Integrity

Binge Poster
"And if you choose not to abide?"

Then you get injured. Then you get disciplined. Then you turn around and continue to choose not to abide. Then you get injured. Then you get disciplined. Then you again fail to choose to abide by the rules. Then you get someone else injured. Then you get disciplined.

You see where this is going. Sure, eventually you get fired...but you will probably get your job back. It's a never-ending cycle that cannot be broken until you CHOOSE to abide. We are not police officers. We cannot ENFORCE free will. The only way you can perpatuate and nurture a safety CULTURE, is by choosing to follow all of UPS and managments' safety methods and training. It actually involves participation.

No, you ****ing maroon.

You don't follow methods, you get disciplined. You continue to be unsafe, you eventually get injured. Stop dodging the point. I'm not repeating myself for your lack of critical reading skills.
LongTimeComing,

That is not what you said.

I said " And if you choose not to abide."

You said, "Then you get injured. Then you get disciplined"

You did not say "You don't follow methods, you get disciplined".

You don't have to get all mean.

I can only respond to what you say.

My opinion is that name calling is not a very mature response while in discussion.

Sincerely,
I

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
LongTimeComing,

That is not what you said.

I said " And if you choose not to abide."

You said, "Then you get injured. Then you get disciplined"

You did not say "You don't follow methods, you get disciplined".

You don't have to get all mean.

I can only respond to what you say.

My opinion is that name calling is not a very mature response while in discussion.

Sincerely,
I

I'd say that your requirement to be spoken to like a child in order for you to understand anything disqualifies you from being treated like a grown up. Your dissection of peoples' responses to the point of mockery is why you don't deserve any respect.

And yes....if an injury was caused by a proven failure of a safety method, you are absolutely correct that I would write you up. Not BECAUSE you reported it. (this is were the maroon part came from).

Integrity

Binge Poster
I'd say that your requirement to be spoken to like a child in order for you to understand anything disqualifies you from being treated like a grown up. Your dissection of peoples' responses to the point of mockery is why you don't deserve any respect.

And yes....if an injury was caused by a proven failure of a safety method, you are absolutely correct that I would write you up. Not BECAUSE you reported it. (this is were the maroon part came from).
LongTimeComing,

You are saying that I am responsible for the way you respond to me.

In my opinion mature individuals should accept responsibility for their actions and words.

I have a question for you LongTimeComing,

Do you discipline each and every time you witness non-compliance of a proven safety method(UPS SWM)?

Sincerely,
I

bellesmom

Actually, you are wrong. How many UPS jobs are not working normal daylight hours? This alone is the cause for many, many accidents, injuries, health conditions. This is a global, 24/7 system and all of the prevention in the world is not necessarily going to stop many of the unfortunate side-effects of the system.

Try a quick check of shift-work and associated medical conditions and illnesses. These are in many cases not preventable and it IS in the corporate culture interest of squashing, diminishing, marginalizing these very real problems in the name of continuing business as usual, with absolute minimal amount of liability along the way.

Thank you Sleeve.