Worker says UPS ‘ignored harassment’

Discussion in 'The Latest UPS Headlines' started by cheryl, Feb 11, 2009.

1. cheryl

cheryl I started this. Staff Member

Worker says UPS ‘ignored harassment’ - Worcester Telegram

Tom Sobocinski said it took him “a very long time” to decide to file a complaint against a UPS supervisor who he says sexually harassed him.

“It got to the point where I just couldn’t take it anymore,” said Mr. Sobocinski, a package handler at the Shrewsbury warehouse. “I had had enough.”

Later this month, five years after he reported his complaint to UPS management, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination will hear a case in which a veteran Teamster accuses his male supervisor of sexually propositioning him. Mr. Sobocinski said he took his case to MCAD after UPS investigated the alleged harassment and did nothing.

2. brownrodster

brownrodster New Member

Sad story. I have to praise all my FT ups managers who I have much respect for. I have only seen harassment and dispicable actions committed by those untrained 20 year old PT sups they hire and leave unsupervised on the night sorts...

3. dragracer66

dragracer66 Active Member

Man!!!! After all these years I thought sexual harrassment was part of the promotion process!!!! Isn't that what "taking one for the team meant"!!!!!:happy2:

4. packagedude

packagedude Member

I must be in the wrong center..we dont have any drivers worth sexualy harrasing