workers comp retaliation?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by dirk diggler, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Mr.Blonde

Mr.Blonde Member

My goal is to become a driver and I've only been on the pre load for over a year. I had an over weight hit me in my back and its been almost a month and its still dorked. Has anyone heard or had a sort of punishment for collecting wc?

2. BrownBrokeDown

BrownBrokeDown Active Member

Punishment or retaliation is against the law. Don't give them a reason to punish you, so that when they do you can file a harassment/retaliation grievance, or sue, or etc.

3. Surprised they're not making you come in and do some sort of work instead of sitting at home.

Drivers and pre-loaders with hernia's, (no lifting anything per doctor's order's) sprained ankle, (in walking boot) strained back etc..etc... have been made to come in and work the pre-load whether it be scanning packages on a moving belt or scanning smalls from forever bags.

Sup pulls forever bags off belt and dumps them throughout the shift into big tote set up beside them so they can scan smalls.

So you have 3 total flows coming up 2 belts to the sort (sometimes 4 when Dcap person is putting address corrections or doing forever bags) and they wonder why the sort is so :censored2:ty and why so many send again's during the shift.

4. Mr.Blonde

Mr.Blonde Member

Nah im still working the unload. I just dont want to go out this early in the game. Dont want wc to reflect on my work ethic. Ya the center manager wanted me to go see a doc. If I wasnt feelin better by the end of the week. Theres numerous reasons why the sort is sh! ty. Numbers being at the top.

5. Ahhh I see.

Thread title made it sound as if you were off work. collecting WC and that possibly being held against you in the future by the company.

6. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

Did you tell sup when it happened? How long ago?

7. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I'd say that's a slam dunk sups working grievance.

8. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Guest

Cans again?

9. Brownslave688

Nothing but the best.

10. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Do you realize that TAW pays better than comp?

11. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

In the BOG.

Not here in the Commonwealth.

12. Brownslave688

So have a union employee dumb the bags. Ain't rocket science.

13. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Milk it out brother!

14. RonBurgandy??????????

RonBurgandy?????????? God is Great, beer is good , People are crazy.

Saw a Dairyman's delivery driver hauling in gallons and gallons of milk today. It was 95 degrees and super humid, he was sweating so bad, all I could think of was this...image.jpg

15. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

I know my view isn't shared by some in management, but if you're really hurting, who gives a s*** what they think. You have life outside of UPS. Don't let them hurt you more just because you're afraid of looks.

16. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Again, at least here in Upstate NY, TAW pays better than comp.

17. Mr.Blonde

Mr.Blonde Member

Sure did and it happened in between two months if that.

18. Mr.Blonde

Mr.Blonde Member

You're not wrong. I just wanted to see if anyone went this route and the aftermath on the inside.

19. Mr.Blonde

Mr.Blonde Member

Taw?

20. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

Temporary Alternative Work. Basically you come in and do light work, so UPS doesn't get a comp claim and report to OSHA