Workers Comp

writer

Preoad Supervisor
How many have been involved with an accident then WC? My accident last week is going to result in surgery, probably next week.

Johney

How many have been involved with an accident then WC? My accident last week is going to result in surgery, probably next week.
The search function is your friend:peaceful:
Edit: Your a preload sup? Sorry you can't file for W/C it's against policy.
Only j/k, good luck with that.

writer

Preoad Supervisor
The search function is your friend:peaceful:
Edit: Your a preload sup? Sorry you can't file for W/C it's against policy.
Only j/k, good luck with that.

I was wanting to hear of more recent stuff.

LOL, it is already done anyway. UPS is paying all, but I don't trust it to be done right. I am getting a lawyer to watch my back.

writer

Preoad Supervisor
What exactly happen that you got injured enough to need surgery? Hope you get better

I was walking quickly around 2 unload devices, where platforms are supposed to be but aren't, and I guess my foot missed the edge. I slammed into the side of a package car then hit the concrete. (the 2 bays befoe were empty of cars) Dislocated my shoulder, resulting in 2 full thickness tears in the muscles and tendons and a bursal effusion. The rotator cuff was undamaged. I have had continual pain for a week and meet with the orthopedic surgeon tomorrow.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Yikes, sounds painful, hope the ortho helps you out. If you're not satisfied with what that Dr. says, get a second opinion. Your injury is serious enough to require a lawyer from the beginning as they will help you get the right Dr and all the required care you need before and after surgery.

Johney is right by the way, search other threads that deal with workers comp and you may learn a thing or two. Hope all goes well for you and remember, it was your own fault.:happy2:

writer

Preoad Supervisor
Yikes, sounds painful, hope the ortho helps you out. If you're not satisfied with what that Dr. says, get a second opinion. Your injury is serious enough to require a lawyer from the beginning as they will help you get the right Dr and all the required care you need before and after surgery.

Johney is right by the way, search other threads that deal with workers comp and you may learn a thing or two. Hope all goes well for you and remember, it was your own fault.:happy2:

The Doc UPS uses here is sending me to one of the best surgeons for shoulders, literally. Dr. Jeff Fox is one of the top guys in this field.Best hands I could be in. http://www.csosortho.com/foxprofile.cfm

705red

Browncafe Steward
Especially when they look through their files to figure out which pt sup slipped and blew out their shoulder. Im sure theres not to many papers to dig through to figure out who you are.

But in all seriousness, if ups docs are sending you to a doctor, please, please, please get a second opinion of your own chosing.

The Doc UPS uses here is sending me to one of the best surgeons for shoulders, literally. Dr. Jeff Fox is one of the top guys in this field.Best hands I could be in. http://www.csosortho.com/foxprofile.cfm
The profile reads pretty impressive, but when it comes to getting cut on a second opinion is important. Here's a little bug in your ear: Do not trust the UPS Doc any further than you can throw him. I'm not saying he is controlled by UPS but I'll bet my paycheck he has been informed that UPS can divert any business away from him at their discretion.

writer

Preoad Supervisor
The profile reads pretty impressive, but when it comes to getting cut on a second opinion is important. Here's a little bug in your ear: Do not trust the UPS Doc any further than you can throw him. I'm not saying he is controlled by UPS but I'll bet my paycheck he has been informed that UPS can divert any business away from him at their discretion.

Thanks to all for he advice!! Always welcomed!!! :)