workers comp?

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
I work in the unload havent worked six months yet and my rotator cuff is feeling weaker and the pain is really starting to sink in. I dont want to lose this job but, I dont know how to fix this. Seeing as I dont have insurance. I don't want to
be seen as a liability and they put forth the effort to fire me.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I work in the unload havent worked six months yet and my rotator cuff is feeling weaker and the pain is really starting to sink in. I dont want to lose this job but, I dont know how to fix this. Seeing as I dont have insurance. I don't want to
Stop being a :censored2: and file an accident report if you hurt it at work. Explain that the pain starts while you are working...report the injury, get a comp claim # and go see a doctor.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I have a question...now that someone started this thread. A co-worker of mine was injured while walking through the ups parking lot on his way into work. Is ups not responsible because he was off the clock??

fres431

Was he in designated walk path? Was it actually on ups property? If those are both yes then it should be. I read somewhere on here a driver filed a workers comp claim for tieing his boots and popped something in his back

T

Turdferguson

I have a question...now that someone started this thread. A co-worker of mine was injured while walking through the ups parking lot on his way into work. Is ups not responsible because he was off the clock??
A few years ago a driver at our center sued UPS when he slipped on ice on way into work because they had not gotten all the ice up. He won his judgement too.

Sent using BrownCafe App

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Was he in designated walk path? Was it actually on ups property? If those are both yes then it should be. I read somewhere on here a driver filed a workers comp claim for tieing his boots and popped something in his back
Yes...injury happened while walking through the employee parking lot from his car to the guard shack.

Stop being a :censored2: and file an accident report if you hurt it at work. Explain that the pain starts while you are working...report the injury, get a comp claim # and go see a doctor.
I'd add that when you hurt it at work tell them exactly when you did it the day you get hurt. Save the box that you were lifting when you feel/felt it. You felt great when you came in today.

llamainmypocket

Bodybuilders have this problem too. The problem is likely that your delts have become too strong relative to your rotator cuffs and by using your delts your stressing your rotator cuffs too hard.

The solution for many is simple, a short routine of 2-3 sets of ten reps. exercise with LIGHT weight isolating the rotator cuff. I cannot stress the importance of LIGHT weight enough. You can screw your cuffs up easily with too much weight. Unlike all other exercises, it should not be difficult. Im talking resistance bands or 5-10 pound dumbbells. Once a week...

I noticed the intended results within weeks and others have reported non injury from bench press and shoulder press exercises.

llamainmypocket

The culture at ups isnt a thoughtful culture. Get it done, suck it up, and get it in the car. It's a good way to do a crappy job, get hurt, and not address problems. This is an issue of exercise and injury.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I tore my rotator cuff on a Thursday night. I knew when I did it, but it just felt like I strained something. I didn't report it that night. Friday morning, I couldn't lift my arm. Manager wanted to know why I didn't report it at the time. I got an MRI 2 days later (I know. a world record for UPS and WC.) Showed a complete tear. UPS in their infinite wisdom put me thru 2 months of PT. It still bothered me. Had surgery. You're looking at 6-9 months of recovery for a normal rotator cuff tear. My shoulder has never been the same. I never went back to work. I tried to repair some wiring in a ceiling fan last week, and my shoulder limited my time I could work over my head. Even though I had successful surgery (according to the doctor) your shoulder may never be 100%. If you indeed damaged your shoulder on the job, You should be allowed to be made whole at no cost to you. Good luck.

Dragon

Package Center Manager

How do you know its your rotator cuff?

I am just asking, not passing any judgment on your situation.