Workers comp ?

Brownpride

Hello everyone , I been working for ups for the last 5 months as an unloader. Yesturday I file for workers comp at my other job because I been having some back pain that shoots down my leg, so today I went to see a doctor and she put me on work restriction I cannot do any repetitive lifting over 30 lbs. So my question is .. Do you guys know if UPS can fire me for getting hurt at my other job? I do not want to loose my job at UPS specially now that i'm 2 weeks away from being elegible for medical benefits.. :crying:

705red

Browncafe Steward
Hello everyone , I been working for ups for the last 5 months as an unloader. Yesturday I file for workers comp at my other job because I been having some back pain that shoots down my leg, so today I went to see a doctor and she put me on work restriction I cannot do any repetitive lifting over 30 lbs. So my question is .. Do you guys know if UPS can fire me for getting hurt at my other job? I do not want to loose my job at UPS specially now that i'm 2 weeks away from being elegible for medical benefits.. :crying:
No they cannot fire you, call them and or go in and give them the restrictions that your doctor gave you. Where are you located, in illinois the workers comp has to pay for both jobs if you are off of work.