workin 2 jobs

nystripe96

Every week through peak the start times have gotten earlier and earlier for twilight shift. I get off my first job at 4, buy pretty soon the twilight shift will be before 4. I'm not sure what to do because I'm making nearly twice as much at my first job. My supe knows about my other job already. I'm not in union till Jan, but I'm not seasonal either. Predicament :/ Any suggestions would help. Do you think I'll have problem staying on if I come in 4:30 everyday?

packageguy

I don't think he would have a problem, we have
guys in our uilding doing the same thing, make
sure you come to work everyday you should be okay,

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Best advice I can give you about this: when your supervisors ask/pressure you for what the earliest time you can start is, give yourself an extra 5-10 minutes to be on the safe side. So if you are pretty sure you'll always be able to make it in by 16:30, tell them 16:35 or 16:40. And then just make sure you make it in by that time. You may or may not get moved to some other job assignment to balance out the staffing, but you should OK if you come in every day at the time they expect you, do your job, and don't get hurt.

Johney

Talk to your supervisor and explain the situation. He/she maybe sympathetic to your problem and would like to accommodate you. But what they do for you they must do for everyone,so when Joe S next to you asks the sup why is "nystripe96" allowed to show up late? I need to come in late also(for what ever reason)and on and on it goes. The fact is if you work for UPS they think they are your top priority and expect you to act that way.Unfortunately there may come a time where you are going to have to choice which job is more important.Even though peak is only so long they will want you there when they say so, period. Good luck I hope it works out for you.