workin on christmas eve

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

As of last night my center manager was not sure of his staffing needs for Christmas Eve but still intends to force from the bottom up. He said that this will depend upon how much volume is still left in the system and how many send agains we have in our center. I wouldn't think the snowstorm in the Plains would have that much of an effect upon our volume here in the east. I want to work so that one of the younger guys can spend the day with his family.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
As of last night my center manager was not sure of his staffing needs for Christmas Eve but still intends to force from the bottom up. He said that this will depend upon how much volume is still left in the system and how many send agains we have in our center. I wouldn't think the snowstorm in the Plains would have that much of an effect upon our volume here in the east. I want to work so that one of the younger guys can spend the day with his family.
the storm in the plains could affect the rail by a day,thus loads showing up a little later so volume could be heavy on fri and may process some for Sat...JMO !

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Only running normal Saturday air here. Volunteers, Sat. Air Drivers and then forcing bottom up if need be. I find it hard to believe any Center would plan for drivers to work 12 hours.