Working 12-27

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by MrFedEx, Nov 17, 2014.

1. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

My hunch is that it will be required because there will be hundreds of thousands of undelivered Christmas packages. Bet on it.

2. Operational needs

Operational needs Well-Known Member

Not for me! I'll be on vacation. Wahoo!

3. dezguy

dezguy Well-Known Member

They can get the newbies to do it. I'll be at home with my kids.

4. You've Got Mail

You've Got Mail Active Member

I don't celebrate Christmas, so sign me up.

5. vantexan

vantexan Well-Known Member

What's the latest on hiring 10's of thousands of temp couriers? We should be ok with all the extra folks, right?

6. Operational needs

I've seen no movement yet other than a sheet outside a manager's door asking for referrals.

7. dezguy

dezguy Well-Known Member

UPS in my city has already hired 14 extra drivers and 32 walkers. FedEx? Still waiting to see if our station is approved for 1 temp.

8. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

Yep. Very little in the way of preparation. In other words, they learned nothing from last year.

9. Cactus

Cactus Just telling it like it is

MT3 probably wants to cut routes anyway during December. He's not sure yet when Christmas is this year.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. hypo hanna

hypo hanna Well-Known Member

I can't think of anyone I hate that much.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. Operational needs

Obviously, that's how most people in my station think also. The list has been up almost two weeks, and in a bldg with over 150 people, there are only three names on it. Lol

12. BigTex61

BigTex61 Active Member

The only thing we've been told in regards to peak is we will have extra power pad batteries and 5 more rentals than last year, and we will be working the weekend before. Considering we had about 15k undelivered pieces in building until about Dec.29 last year, this year will be total chaos again. It's like a psuenomie you know that's coming and make no plans.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. TheJackal

TheJackal Active Member

WTF is a psuenomie!!!????

14. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

Tsunami...I think.

15. BigTex61

BigTex61 Active Member

A big ass wave.....sometimes spell check isn't my friend!

16. DontThrowPackages

DontThrowPackages Well-Known Member

I expect late night deliveries this year. With the tragedy involving the shooting death of the young postman, considerations should be taken. Too many people living in this country seem to be looking for any reason/excuse to kill someone. Pure hate or for whatever reason, they want to kill. Sure hope we never hear a story of someone getting killed walking back to their truck after dropping off a package. That goes for competitors too.

17. hypo hanna

hypo hanna Well-Known Member

Your phone autocorrected tsunami to psuenomie? What are you using, an IPhone 0.5?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. BigTex61

BigTex61 Active Member

19. Operational needs

I call BS. ;)

20. Fred's Myth

Fred's Myth Active Member

At my station the entire ops manager team will grab a truck and Ppad and go onroad when we are short-handed. Wait...did I mention we only have one a.m. and one p.m. manager? Shrug. It's the thought that counts.