working 2 jobs?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by barrycold, Jul 10, 2008.

1. barrycold

barrycold New Member

Anybody working 2 jobs?
  2. Fnix

Fnix Active Member

%90 of part timers
  3. WhatPCM

WhatPCM Insubordinator

yes work pre-load, then get to come to beautiful auto parts store. Where i do absolutly nothing except read BC. work around 65 hours a week. between the two jobs.
  4. ikoi62

ikoi62 Member

a few of the inside fulltime people do too.
    i just took a part time job at a local store,4 hours a day $11.50 a hour.
  5. jds4lunch

jds4lunch What the hell is YOUPS??

I'm a full time driver but I also ref hockey on the side. Not really a traditional job, per say, but it puts some extra cash in my wallet and I get to see a good chunk of the province over the course of a winter.
  6. upsdude

upsdude Well-Known Member

I have a friend on my route that is a chassis and engine builder, street rods, drag cars etc. I help him out from time to time. Not what I would call a regular PT job but close. We trade labor/parts, he recently built a nice 400 HP motor for one of my projects. The shop is probably a place I’ll be working during my retirement years. I actually spent today up there building a cart to roll around a 66 Chevelle body.

Up until last year I worked for Nascar in the “Weekly Racing Series” as a Competition Director. That job could have easily been a FT gig, but I’m now officially retired from racing, well, circle racing. :happy-very:
  7. Fnix

Fnix Active Member

Hey you like Mopars?
  8. SoyFish

SoyFish Member

No, not yet. Thinking about getting a second job next summer.
  9. upsdude

upsdude Well-Known Member

Sorry, I’m a life member of the Bowtie Brigade.

But! My buddy does have a 67 Cuda in his shop getting a Funny Car style cage, it’s going to be a Beast!
  10. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Eva Mendez Has A Nice (_!_)

I worked two jobs for the majority of the first 7 years of my time with UPS. I'm a full-time driver now and sometimes wish I could work part-time in an Apple Store (if we had one near by) at night but it's nearly impossible to work a night job because sometimes we work late. Especially during peak.
  11. faded jeans

faded jeans just a member

Worked two for 13 years.
  12. looper804

looper804 Is it time to go home yet

My full time job is driver.My part time job is turning in sales leads.
  13. Channahon

Channahon New Member

After 28 years at UPS, I work 2 part time jobs - 1st part time job is being retired during the week, and 2nd part time job is being retired on the weekends.

OH wait- that would be a 24/7 job

14. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

One of my side jobs is using the "search" function on web forums.

I alos set up inflatable moonwalks onthe weekends for my brother.
  15. feeder53

feeder53 ADKtrails

I have 2 jobs plus a farm. I am with the National Guard, UPS and then there is always work on the farm.
  16. IDoLessWorkThanMost

IDoLessWorkThanMost New Member

I teach music on the side to pay for cable and electric gas etc.

God bless anyone full-time as driver, 22.3, etc working 2 jobs for 2 employers. I couldn't do it.

employed as side work or weekends is very fulfulling and fun.
  17. wannabeups

wannabeups Member

I do freelance production, (audio, video, tape etc)
  18. trplnkl

trplnkl 555

I work one job as a driver, but it sure seems like two.
  19. 55andout?

55andout? New Member

I applied to be a "dance artist" at a local gentlemans club but they said i had to dance around this pole and be a hot looking women not a middle aged man. No loss....most of the people there were no gentlemen anyway and whats so artistic about dancing around a pole? :dissapointed:
  20. outta hours

outta hours Active Member

I am a full time driver but I also own a lawn care and landscaping business. So from March till November I am working two jobs. The tax benefits from owning your own business are incredible. Plus the extra income pays my son's tuition. I have three employees that work for me. Two full time and one part time. Been doing it for 15 years of my 23 at UPS.