Working a sort after a day of driving

cwb425

I am a part time cover driver... They are saying we (cover drivers)have to run a full day route 830am till whenever we are done then clock out of our diad and clock in and work the warehouse sort till 900 that night. Is this right . Can they make us cover drivers drive a route then work in the warehouse that night ? If so would my pay not stay cover driver pay thru out the sort ?

Thanks

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We have cover drivers who also work the preload. When they are on road they do not work on the inside---the only exception is if they are already working the preload and we have more drivers off than the plan called for. I am not sure what their rate of pay would be for working both jobs.

To answer your question--I don't think they can have you drive all day and then work the sort.

BigBrown3605

They did that to me several times. I never clocked out on the diad and kept it with me. Just put it in as other work. You will get more money.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
better to have it in your DIAD as other work activity, whatever OMS handles your timecards will silently thank you, and your hours will be easier to track for everyone