Working after retiring

Discussion in 'Life After Brown' started by MSGTDEL, Feb 7, 2007.

MSGTDEL New Member

I read that you can not do some jobs after retiring. Is there any truth to this? :crying:
  2. kenco80233

kenco80233 New Member

Yes,depends on which pension fund and how old you are.Most funds are pretty restrictive about re-employment.
  3. jccuch

jccuch retired & love it !!!!!

thats right , dont try to beat the system, if caught you will have to pay back to the penson fund your penson every month you worked !!!!!!
  4. kenco80233

kenco80233 New Member

In Central States,You lose your health insurance and can never get it back.Thats what I have been told.
  5. lastboateast

lastboateast New Member

You can work as long as its not in the same field.If your at ups than you couldnt get a job at fedex or any teamster jobs etc.
  6. retired2000

retired2000 Active Member

here in the upstate ny region we need to fill out a paper saying what our new job intails and send it into the fund. if we do not do this and we are caught we do not get our pension the following month. we can not work in any field that has to do with delivery of boxes. ex. working for a print shop and taking thier product to thier customers. you can work for a flower shop though.
  7. kenco80233

kenco80233 New Member

Here in Cenral States,you have to call them before you take any kind of job to get it approved.They send a form out yearly,to list any and all jobs that you earned any monies that year and a form for you to sign so they can moniter your social security earnings.If you fail to do this,they will stop your pension.The jobs and amount of hours that you can work,depends on your age.The jobs that are permited are not very premium jobs and very very few allow any kind of driving.
  8. kgd800

kgd800 New Member

Friends that I have that have retired from the Teamsters (non-UPS) have been told they are not allowed to work in some jobs such as warehousing and driving he was working for a retailer which had a "warehouse" look and feel he was at first told he could not work that but they later allowed this.
  9. akira-san

akira-san New Member

Yes it is true that you may not work certain jobs after you're
    retired, and you may not work at all for 1st 6 mos,also you may forfeit your pension if you return to work as a driver for "FEDEX", so be carefull.
  10. mittam

mittam Member

or you can't even work at a funeral home, it is any job anywhere
  11. navigator

navigator Member

Drive a school bus, (non union) you can start your own business. after 65 you can drive 40hr's a month. I think you can work for the Post Office.