Working as directed?

HardknocksUPSer

Does working as directed include not stacking out while loading and jogging to keep up with the pace of the flow? A sup has told me to work as directed in a area with 1200-1300 peices a day I told him "I'm not going to run you don't pay me to run" and I was told I need to work as directed? Is this considered over supervision? I care more about load quality and safety than I do keeping up with the flow. I have one job and that's to satisfy the driver and make his/her day as easy as possible. can I be written up for stacking out?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Does working as directed include not stacking out while loading and jogging to keep up with the pace of the flow? A sup has told me to work as directed in a area with 1200-1300 peices a day I told him "I'm not going to run you don't pay me to run" and I was told I need to work as directed? Is this considered over supervision? I care more about load quality and safety than I do keeping up with the flow. I have one job and that's to satisfy the driver and make his/her day as easy as possible. can I be written up for stacking out?
If stacking outside the truck is causing an egress issue, and you were instructed not to do it.....yes, you can be written up.

What you should've said: I'm working as fast as I safely can.

HardknocksUPSer

It was Definitely a egress issue, I've never been a neat stacker. Guess I Should work on that. However I wasn't told that I shouldn't stack, I was told I need to load faster but not in those exact words.

HardknocksUPSer

If you load faster there won't be a huge stack outside the car. Therefor, no more egress issue.
I get packages as large as refrigerators it only takes 1 package and 1 large package to screw up my pace, I feel as if I'm expected to load as fast as the guy who was in my area previously. However he was a show off and would work as hard as they wanted him to, it's not a safe pace and I won't do it.

tacken

UPS motto, the harder you work the more work you get. Work safe work at a safe pace. The hard workers pick up the slack for all the slugs.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I get packages as large as refrigerators it only takes 1 package and 1 large package to screw up my pace, I feel as if I'm expected to load as fast as the guy who was in my area previously. However he was a show off and would work as hard as they wanted him to, it's not a safe pace and I won't do it.
Because, of course, you are only loader who gets big packages......(eye roll).

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
1 large package shouldn't destroy your pace, even if it is an over 70.

The guy before you set expectations high, and they're going to maintain those expectations because it has been done. If he wasn't injured doing it either they're going to say he maintained safety while producing. Whether it's right or wrong, I don't know. Just telling you what I'm willing to bet the sup is thinking.

upschuck

The guy before you set expectations high, and they're going to maintain those expectations because it has been done. If he wasn't injured doing it either they're going to say he maintained safety while producing. Whether it's right or wrong, I don't know. Just telling you what I'm willing to bet the sup is thinking.
It can, if you can't stack out, and blocks your pathway everytrip into car.

T

Turdferguson

You are not the other guy. Work at a safe pace, if it is more than you can handle so be it.

HardknocksUPSer

And they wonder why he came in wearing a back brace, lmao.