Working at UPS and FedEx

Yeanop

Alright my fellow UPSers. I need a straight, legitimate answer to this question: can one work at both UPS and FedEx at the same time? I've done as much research on this as I possibly can, save actually talk to a supervisor or HR at my hub because I don't want to bring it up if not necessary. Sadly, I have not found an answer to this question yet! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

FEDXER

Yes.It is possible. I knew a guy who worked part time at UPS & part time at Airborne Express. It also depends what job you want to do for both companies. I'm assuming you want to work one full & one part time. I imagine driving for both would cause you to go over the 60 hour work week rule for drivers. Most likely you would have to work the dock for one company or the other.

PACNW

I knew a guy that was a P/T sup at both for a couple of years. Also knew a guy that worked at both DHL and UPS. Passed up driving at UPS to drive at DHL.

Yeanop

I just wasn't sure if this would be considered a "conflict of interest" or something else silly like that. I figure it shouldn't matter because how much insider information is a grunt like a package handler really going to know about both companies "trade secrets." Thanks for the responses so far, guys.

hembone

I just wasn't sure if this would be considered a "conflict of interest" or something else silly like that. I figure it shouldn't matter because how much insider information is a grunt like a package handler really going to know about both companies "trade secrets." Thanks for the responses so far, guys.
Let us know how long it takes you to get "Fed Up". I know it was corny, but I couldn't resist.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
​We had a driver that worked for Fedex Express while out on disability with UPS. UPS tried to make a big stink about it but they lost.

CFLBrown

Trade secrets? lol. If that was the case, everyone walking in the door would get a NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) slammed on the desk.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Alright my fellow UPSers. I need a straight, legitimate answer to this question: can one work at both UPS and FedEx at the same time? I've done as much research on this as I possibly can, save actually talk to a supervisor or HR at my hub because I don't want to bring it up if not necessary. Sadly, I have not found an answer to this question yet! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I did it. The secret is to absolutely not tell anyone. I don't know about UPS, but FedEx speciifically prohibits working for a competitor. It was always kind of interesting when I would see someone at a loading dock that looked familiar from UPS. My guess is that nobody really cares except management, so as long as they don't know, it's all good.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Please explain how this is even possible.
I can't explain it. I do know that it was a big hoooha at the time. UPS tried to make a big deal out of it but it didn't go anywhere. The driver needed to work and couldn't for UPS without a full medical release. Fedex didn't need the release. I believe the State Industrial Commission was involved. I will see if the driver is willing to give up any details.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I can't explain it. I do know that it was a big hoooha at the time. UPS tried to make a big deal out of it but it didn't go anywhere. The driver needed to work and couldn't for UPS without a full medical release. Fedex didn't need the release. I believe the State Industrial Commission was involved. I will see if the driver is willing to give up any details.

Thanks and I am sorry for my earlier implication. Dave.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Thanks and I am sorry for my earlier implication. Dave.
I accept your apology. No hard feelings. You called me on 2 separate things this morning. 2 was 1 too many. I don't post crap. You should know that by now. I post what I know and if I'm joking around you will usually know that too. I try not to question your integrity when it comes to how you deal with your customers. I do what I think is the right thing to do. If I am wrong then I will take the heat for my actions. But, if I am right I will defend myself. Peace