Working at UPS and FedEx

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Yeanop, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Yeanop

Yeanop New Member

Alright my fellow UPSers. I need a straight, legitimate answer to this question: can one work at both UPS and FedEx at the same time? I've done as much research on this as I possibly can, save actually talk to a supervisor or HR at my hub because I don't want to bring it up if not necessary. Sadly, I have not found an answer to this question yet! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

FEDXER New Member

Yes.It is possible. I knew a guy who worked part time at UPS & part time at Airborne Express. It also depends what job you want to do for both companies. I'm assuming you want to work one full & one part time. I imagine driving for both would cause you to go over the 60 hour work week rule for drivers. Most likely you would have to work the dock for one company or the other.
  3. PACNW

PACNW Member

I knew a guy that was a P/T sup at both for a couple of years. Also knew a guy that worked at both DHL and UPS. Passed up driving at UPS to drive at DHL.
  4. gorilla75jdw

gorilla75jdw Active Member

last time I checked we still live in America right ??? , duh , yes you can
  5. Yeanop

Yeanop New Member

I just wasn't sure if this would be considered a "conflict of interest" or something else silly like that. I figure it shouldn't matter because how much insider information is a grunt like a package handler really going to know about both companies "trade secrets." Thanks for the responses so far, guys.
  6. hembone

hembone New Member

Let us know how long it takes you to get "Fed Up". I know it was corny, but I couldn't resist.
  7. bluejays1775

bluejays1775 New Member

choose 1 i say UPS you dont need problems especially with the way the economy is and has been and will be
  8. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

​We had a driver that worked for Fedex Express while out on disability with UPS. UPS tried to make a big stink about it but they lost.
  9. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Sorry, dilli, I have to call BS on this one.
  10. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

That was not in NY.
  11. CFLBrown

CFLBrown New Member

Trade secrets? lol. If that was the case, everyone walking in the door would get a NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) slammed on the desk.
  12. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

It's not BS. That's twice this morning that you have questioned my integrity. :grrr:
  13. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

It sucks, doesn't it!!! There is no way to defend yourself, really. Now you know why he has become a nonfactor to me.
  14. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

I did it. The secret is to absolutely not tell anyone. I don't know about UPS, but FedEx speciifically prohibits working for a competitor. It was always kind of interesting when I would see someone at a loading dock that looked familiar from UPS. My guess is that nobody really cares except management, so as long as they don't know, it's all good.
  15. UpstateNYUPSer

Please explain how this is even possible.
  16. bottomups

bottomups Bad Moon Risen'

In order to RTW after a disability, UPS for the most part requires no restrictions whatsoever. Have known of a few fellow UPSers who have worked elsewhere during their time off until able to RTW at UPS.
  17. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

UPS does not care about disability. Worker's comp on the other hand................
  18. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

I can't explain it. I do know that it was a big hoooha at the time. UPS tried to make a big deal out of it but it didn't go anywhere. The driver needed to work and couldn't for UPS without a full medical release. Fedex didn't need the release. I believe the State Industrial Commission was involved. I will see if the driver is willing to give up any details.
  19. UpstateNYUPSer

Thanks and I am sorry for my earlier implication. Dave.
  20. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

I accept your apology. No hard feelings. You called me on 2 separate things this morning. 2 was 1 too many. I don't post crap. You should know that by now. I post what I know and if I'm joking around you will usually know that too. I try not to question your integrity when it comes to how you deal with your customers. I do what I think is the right thing to do. If I am wrong then I will take the heat for my actions. But, if I am right I will defend myself. Peace