Working at UPS and FedEx

Brown Pride

Can I be a fedex express courier and work the local sort at UPS, until I go full time driving at UPS? Will UPS find out trough the DOT Card from FedEx?

Sent using BrownCafe App

browntroll

Can I be a fedex express courier and work the local sort at UPS, until I go full time driving at UPS? Will UPS find out trough the DOT Card from FedEx?

Sent using BrownCafe App
i know a guy that works as a driver for fedex and pt sort at ups. i believe he a sub contractor for that route so im not sure exactly how that works, he is also just doing
it till he can become a driver at ups.

HomeDelivery

my brother (works at UPS) wasn't allowed to come in and preload my stepvan for me... "conflict of interest"

& i'm not really a Fedex employee (sub-contractor pays me his cut of the payoffs)

Overpaid Union Thug

You can't work at FedEx if they know you work at UPS. I was working at RPS when FedEx bought them and they eventually adopted that policy at all locations. Only those that were already working at UPS before the buyout were permitted because they were grandfathered but anyone that came in after the buyout or were hired at UPS after the buyout couldn't.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!

Sent using BrownCafe App

The policy use to be on UPSers but I cannot find it; anyway, it's basically this: UPS does not care if inside hourly employees work for the competition, but it prohibits uniformed hourly employees, professional employees and managerial employees from doing so. In other words, if you're working local sort, UPS does not care if you're moonlighting for FedEx but if you're working local sort AND cover driving, it does, since selling UPS is an expectation of uniformed employees. But if you did choose to work both, I'd remain quiet about it since it still may be frowned upon.

HOWEVER... your bigger concern is with FedEx: most importantly, would working both jobs create and HOS violation? And secondly, FedEx may not like a uniformed employee moonlighting for the competition.

PT Car Washer

FedEx may not like you working for the competition, but if they would offer you a FT job it would not be an issue. It is a PT job. Not a career. Why would either company care what your other PT job is as long as you show up on time, sober or straight and ready to work. I know my hub would not. If you were FT, that may make a difference.

Brown Pride

Thanks for the replies everyone, I guess I'll just stick at UPS don't wanna ruin my chances at a ft driver position. My hub is hiring lots of ft drivers I'm up next in May. I'm 24 and ready for action I don't mind the hours more money for me.

Sent using BrownCafe App