Working at UPS and USPS

Kraetos

Preload, Loader
Is it possible? I work Pre-Load for UPS and needed another job for a while before I finish my bachelors. I just wanted to know UPS's policy on working for competitors, after all this is not Fedex, and we tend to deliver Post Office packages from time to time anyway.

City Driver

can a company really tell you that u cant work for another company? tell UPS you will do terrible work for USPS and vice versa ;)

Overpaid Union Thug

Is it possible? I work Pre-Load for UPS and needed another job for a while before I finish my bachelors. I just wanted to know UPS's policy on working for competitors, after all this is not Fedex, and we tend to deliver Post Office packages from time to time anyway.

You can work where ever you want. I worked at RPS as it was changing over to FedEx Ground while I was at UPS. The first hub I worked in had plenty of people working there that also worked for the USPS and RPS. Even DHL and FedEx. FedEx Express doesn't allow its employees to work at UPS but it was a while before FedEx Ground adopted that policy. Those of us that were already at UPS during the change were aloud to stay but anyone else coming in couldn't work at UPS and keep their job at FedEx. On our end you don't have to worry about that. You can work wherever you want.

evilleace

A guy in our center worked at USPS and then got hired at UPS he was a rural route driver on saturdays and UPS told him to quit one as it was a conflict of interest the steward told him to stay on at both but he quit USPS I would have worked both and not said anything.

Kraetos

Preload, Loader
having you taken the postal civil service test yet?

Nah I just started considering a job there today, and after doing some research it's going to be a lot harder getting a job there than it was at UPS. Your right, they have an entry level exam that you must take regarding simple things like being able to tell the difference between addresses and such.

But I went on the main USPS website and searched for job posting in my area, but could not find any available. So I'll probably go ahead and look for a testing facility offering the exam in my area and go from there.

I just wanted a simple 'Part-Time Regular' job like I have at UPS, too bad my hub does not offer a day shift, just pre-load and night.

drewed

Shankman
most usps jobs at ft and ive known a couple guys that have waited years to get in after they passed the test so it maybe not be as viable as just taking the test