Working Christmas

stoliohranj

Just got back to the building to see a nice pretty sign up sheet to work Christmas. I say to hell with that. As well as Saturday after.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Just got back to the building to see a nice pretty sign up sheet to work Christmas. I say to hell with that. As well as Saturday after.

How long have you been driving?

I'll bet unless you are at least in the middle of your seniority list you won't have a lot of choice.

ChrisTheBrown

I'm right about at the bottom of the list, as far as cover drivers go in my center..Maybe ahead of 3, a few others are seasonal. Looks like I'll be driving Christmas day, triple time. Wont be too often that I'll be able to make 73.83 an hour, so why not. Is what it is at this place.

Holydriver

I'm right about at the bottom of the list, as far as cover drivers go in my center..Maybe ahead of 3, a few others are seasonal. Looks like I'll be driving Christmas day, triple time. Wont be too often that I'll be able to make 73.83 an hour, so why not. Is what it is at this place.
You're already punched out? No wonder you all work Xmas day.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Why the hell would anyone have to be driving Christmas Day? Yeah, let's ruin it for us so everyone else can have theirs. It's their fault for procrastinating so long in the first place so friend* 'em.

How Now Brown Cow

Late is late. If it was supposed to be there on Christmas eve, that sucks, but deliver it the following business day. Customers currently have no expectations of receiving packages on Christmas day. Start this now and they WILL come to expect it.

Faceplanted

Welcome to the new murika!!!! Where money and useless crap trumps family and community.

Mark my words, if people actually volunteer it will become expected in the years to come. What ever happened to business ethics and morality.

But than again if people stopped buying useless crap the idea of planned obsolence will fail and so will the economy. Great system huh?

Work money buy!! Work money buy. I'll be spending time doing something positive and hanging around positivity, not satisfying ups and their new ideology

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
my kids are grown,Christmas day really is just a day to sleep in for me.I;d rather come in and work than see one of the lower seniority drivers (with small kids) forced to work

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Welcome to the new murika!!!! Where money and useless crap trumps family and community.

Mark my words, if people actually volunteer it will become expected in the years to come. What ever happened to business ethics and morality.

But than again if people stopped buying useless crap the idea of planned obsolence will fail and so will the economy. Great system huh?
Been the system for at Least a few thousand years. Get over it.