WORKING FOR FREE AS DRIVER HELPER ups employee

Pump Up The Volume

This year we've actually had top rate part time air drivers get their pay rate scaled back to a casual driver. And if that wasn't bad ebough some of those part-time air drivers actually are driving a truck and delivering out of it and being given helper pay.

tieguy

Banned
Where did you get this information from :Article17"

forget it you're not even in the union yet.

How did your time get recorded? Your primary timecard is probably in the hub operation. Therefore you have to make sure your hub supervisor gets the time you work as a helper and adds it to your hub card. If your hub is on GTS then they have to put it in as a loaned to and the delivery center has to put in a matching card as borrowed from time. Unfortunately this scenario gets screwed up a lot.

NY11725

2 months ago when I was promoted to pick off, and I took my belts sort test for the dollar raise, my manager was on vacation, so he could not process my test for the dollar til he came back, so since I was picking off for the week he was gone, I asked to get reimbursed for the week.

By the next paycheck I got, the money was added on :)

JonFrum

Where did you get this information from :Article17"
UPS Master Agreement & Regional Supplements:
http://tdu.org/node/1617

Ask your Steward for a copy of the Contract.
NEWSFLASH: The Contract applies to all members of the bargaining unit, and to all work traditionally assigned to them, regardless of union membership or non-membership.

There are also federal and state laws that require employees to be paid correctly for work performed.

UPSF Peeon

you dont get paid to be a driver helper, its looked at as a learning experience, plus you all make $8.50 an hour which is way too much as it is, a poor company like UPS cant afford these wages, why are u so greedy?

BURMDPsupe

How did your time get recorded? Your primary timecard is probably in the hub operation. Therefore you have to make sure your hub supervisor gets the time you work as a helper and adds it to your hub card. If your hub is on GTS then they have to put it in as a loaned to and the delivery center has to put in a matching card as borrowed from time. Unfortunately this scenario gets screwed up a lot.

I've seen this debacle too many times. Payroll doesn't question why this person has two sets of times coming through on the payroll batches. Inside employees must give their supervisors the DIAD timecard or the hours worked (if they are not using the DIAD).

M-