Working Fri after Thansgiving, no Holiday pay.

trixie

Just one more thing ... you'll have to work if they tell you to. Unfortunately no choice there. I've been p/t for 22 years and still get stuck working the holidays. It does come with the territory.

j13501

I work in a North Jersey Hub as a Part Time Supervisor in International Operations....
I was told by my full time supervisor that I will have to come to work on the Friday after Thanksgiving (*UPS HOLIDA*) to help service the international packages. Yet due to a budget tight budget, we (PT Supvs) will have to leave it as a SCHEDULED OFF on PTRS.
Here are the questions I propose:

Can they demand that we leave the PTRS blank and not get paid the 1.5x pay for working a UPS Holiday?

Are they doing this nationwide? Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance, I look forward to engaging in discussions with you all.

First of all, never put wrong information in PTRS. It is like a driver falsifying a timecard....supervisors have been terminated for it. There have also been Full time supervisors terminated for telling part time supervisors to falsify PTRS, so you may want to mention that fact to your supervisor.

Secondly, there are part time supervisors working that Friday in other parts of the country and they are NOT being told to show SCHEDULED OFF in PTRS. My suggestion is to talk to your Manager or Division Manager and explain the problem. I'm certain it will be resolved properly.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
My suggestion is to talk to your Manager or Division Manager and explain the problem. I'm certain it will be resolved properly.

How do you think that your Divison Manager was able to get promoted to the level that he/she is at now?

If you want to climb the corporate ladder at UPS, you need to learn to smile, relax your sphincter muscles, and just do what you are told to do and quit complaining.

DorkHead

It`s been a while since I posted and your problem is common so let me tell you how the p/t sups handle it at my center. They work as directed, however, they record their time and have a witness when they confront their sup. Also, when their 4 hrs. are done they leave the building, without fail. Hope this helps.

nomadder

This is a major integrity problem. Didn't N. Jerz get the memo about what Cali did and started this whole PTRS thing?
The UPS Charter states: We believe that integrity and excellence are the core of all we do.
Making a deal with you for a future day off is like what UpstateNY stated...
Also, a holiday will automatically populate in PTRS..the code you should put is Holiday--Worked. I do no have access to PTRS right now, but I believe its code 22--its been a while for me! It will not allow you to be scheduled off since it is a UPS holiday..they just do not want to pay the premium pay!